caught in the crossfire (requested)

You slid on your heels and then stuck your earrings in, rolling your eyes at Hailee standing in the doorway of the bathroom behind you with her arms folded and an angry expression on her face.

"Can you wipe that look off of your face please?" You asked, fixing your lipstick.

"It's hard to do when you're going out with them."

"They're my friends!" You scoffed.

"They're bad influences, y/n! You can't seem to see it but I do! One day they're going to get you into trouble. I don't like them."

You just rolled your eyes and let her words go in one ear and out the other. You grabbed your clutch and walked past your girlfriend. "I'm a grown woman, Hailee. I can take care of myself and make my own decisions. Stop acting like you know best."

You slammed the door behind you and pulled your phone out to text your friends just as they pulled up. You got into the car and you all went down to the club, excited for a night out together.

But it didn't take long for something to go wrong.

Before you knew you it, your friends had started a bar fight. Your friends were throwing punches and you could hear the wail of the sirens in the distance, but you couldn't just sit back and watch. You tried to pull your friends off of the two innocent girls but it was just as the cops came inside. "Stop! Freeze! Don't move!"

Your heart was pounding. You felt the handcuffs snap across your wrists and you were dragged outside to the cop car.

All you could think about on the way to the police station as tears rolled down your face was Hailee. You couldn't imagine how she would react.

About an hour later, she stormed inside the station. Her jaw was clenched as she stared at you. "What happened?" She wondered, but you could sense her anger.

The cop in the room cleared his throat and shook Hailee's hand. "You must be Hailee. I'm the cop that brought your girlfriend in. Her friends were arrested and they are being charged. When we walked into the club it looked like she was part of it but she was just simply trying to break things up and help the girls that her friends were beating up. The bartender and a few witnesses told us that she wasn't involved. She's not being charged with anything."

Hailee sighed as she looked over at you. You looked scared as you sipped on some water and bit your nails anxiously. "So she's free to go?" The cop nodded. "Absolutely. She was just simply caught in the crossfire. She's a free woman."

Hailee nodded her head toward the door and you thanked the cop before following her out to the car. You both sat in the parking lot in silence. She didn't dare drive away yet.

"What did I tell you? I told you that they're bad influences on you, y/n!" She yelled but stopped when she heard you sniffle.

"I'm sorry."

She sighed sadly and took ahold of your hand. "I know you are. It's alright. I'm sorry I raised my voice at you. I can't imagine how shaken up you must be. I should be comforting you not saying I told you so."

You looked at her with teary eyes.

"How about we talk about this more tomorrow. Let's just go home for now, okay?" You nodded as she kissed your forehead. "I love you."

She squeezed your shoulder comfortingly. "I love you too, y/n."