32

I went upstairs and spent the rest of my day with Ariel, before Damien's phone came.

"Did you find out?"

"Yes boss. He's used to work in the American mafia for the Blacks but he was a mole. He snuck out information and stole their shipments. The Blacks didn't know about his connection to the Mexican mafia."

"And did you find out who killed him?"

"Ariel killed him during an infiltration in a club. Apparently he had information about you, her parents killer."

"Warn the Blacks about the Mexican mafia and get more security around my house" I shut my phone and turned to Ariel.

"Everything's going to be okay." I whispered as I kissed her forehead. I examined her bruises and cuts. Her beautiful soft skin was now covered in purple and blue marks and scabs.

I took her hand in mine and went to sleep, still being able to smell her signature lavender scent which made me feel at home.

***********************************************

*2 days later*

Ariel is supposed to wake up from her coma in these few days and I've never been more afraid in my life. People know me as someone who's fearless. Merciless. Ruthless.

But Ariel is my weakness. I wasn't afraid of anything before I met Ariel. I had no fears. But now my greatest fear is losing her. Not being able to hold her. Not being able to witness her angry moods.

"How is she doc?" I asked as dr Bruno changed her IV's.

"She's getting better, luckily. Let's hope she wakes up soon." He replied.

"And the baby?" I asked, still hoping there was even the slightest chance of survival for my child.

He sighed and took his glasses off, rubbing his eyes. "The fetus is in a critical condition as long as the mother is in a coma. It suffered from oxygen deprivation and Ariel's injuries impacted the fetus a lot." He patted my shoulder. "But, there's still a chance that it could recover. Let's just hope it does." He walked towards the door of my room and gave me a sympathetic look before leaving.

I sat down next to Ariel, taking her hand into mine.

"Come on Ariel, wake up. Our baby needs you." I whispered in her ear and rested my face on her shoulder.

I placed my hand on the baby bump, again. Just feeling our baby and hoping that I could feel a movement. But just as I expected, nothing.

I fell asleep in that position, my hand over Ariel's belly.

Suddenly, I felt a movement underneath my hand. I woke up and felt Ariel's stomach and smiled.

The baby was alive.

"It's alive." I laughed, not being able to believe this moment. I ran and got the doctor, who came and checked the baby's movement.

"Good news, the fetus is showing signs of good health. Let's hope Ariel wakes up soon." He smiled and left.

I sat down and smiled to myself, holding the photo of the ultrasound.

I had to go to my office to to some work, and I kissed Ariel's forehead before making my way downstairs.

The rest of the day, I was drowned in work. Paperwork for my company, phone calls for the mafia, orders to my men.

My eyes felt heavy and eventually I fell asleep, with my head on my desk.

*************
"Ric, wake up!" I lifted my head to see Rocco, with excitement on his face. "She's awake! Ariel's awake!"

I stood up and ran upstairs to my room with Rocco. I walked through the door to see Ariel awake, and the doctor checking her.

"Ariel!" I ran and hugged her, kissing her face. She had a confused and disoriented look on her face, but she had just woken up from a coma.

Rocco came in and hugged her too, before phoning Irina to let her know.

"I missed you so much." I said while holding her hand in mines. She never replied, she just leaned her head back and looked around.

"Congratulations Ricardo, she's well. I'll be back later to check her again." The doctor said before he left.

Rocco out his phone down and quietly sat next to me as I stroked Ariel's hair.

"Where am I?" Ariel asked with an empty look, her voice hoarse.

"We're in my house. Don't worry, your safe here." I said as I looked at her lovingly.

"Who are you?" She asked, a genuine dazed look on her face.

Me and Rocco looked at each other with confusion, before looking back at her.

"Ariel, it's me Ricardo." I said, hoping she was joking.

Her confusion remained as she tried to recognise me and Rocco.