CHAPTER 19

Have you ever experienced seeing a shooting star? Imagine, you are watching the night sky filled with stars, and out of the dark, a shooting star is seen. Your eyes follow that star till it disappears. And then you realize how your heart was beating so fast.

That was exactly how Ruhee felt, mesmerized.

Aayan was so up close to her, that she forgot how to breath. Her heart was beating so fast, she feared she'd have a heart attack.

He was standing so close to me. With his shirt open and those eyes, staring at me like, he could read me like and open book.

Ruhee was currently arranging the dinning table for dinner. It was 7:40pm, and Huzayl was gonna be here soon. She had made chicken biriyani and carrot halwa. Sahma was really excited today, not to meet Huzayl, but to eat the food. But all Ruhee could think of, was Aayan.

She was unable to sleep properly last night, and the whole day, she kept zoning out. During lectures or when with her friends. When they asked her if she was okay, she just smiled and nodded.

Oh My God, Aayan is messing with my head.

Ruhee shook her head and composed herself.

Get a grip Ruhee, it was just.....

She couldn't name what the situation was. Just then, the door bell rang, "I'll get it." saying this, Ruhee happily hopped towards the front door to open it. Her smile turned into a frown, when she saw Aayan, standing out the door.

He is early today. He would be home only by 9. Atleast that's what Ammi said.

"Are you just gonna stand there, or let me in?" Aayan asked with a glum look. Ruhee moved aside to let him in.
He walks in greeting his mother and goes up to the room. Ruhee's eyes just followed him as he closed the door behind him with a bang.

What's with him? He knows the passcode, then why ring the bell?

The door bell rang again, causing Ruhee to break out from her thoughts. She opened the door, to find a smiling Huzayl, with a bouquet of white roses. Ruhee smiled and let him enter. He entered and Sahma came over to him and greeted him.

"Welcome Huzayl, it's a pleasure having you over." Sahma said, smiling warmly at him. "The pleasure is all mine." he said, smiling back at her. The slamming of a door is heard. They all look towards the sound, to see Aayan, walking down, now dressed in a black shirt and white jeans.

I really need to get his eyes checked.

Ruhee was wearing a long purple top with yellow flower prints, with gray jeans and a black hijab. Sahma was dressed in a blue chudidar. Huzayl was in a yellow t-shirt over a violet blazer and gray jeans.

Ruhee looked at Aayan, seeing him look at Ruhee and Huzayl, from head to toe. She looked at Huzayl, and that's when she realized something.

We are more or less twinning.

"Hey Ruhee, we are almost twinning." Huzayl said, looking at her. She smiled at him, honestly. "Who are these roses for? Sahma asked. Everyone looked at the roses Huzayl was holding. He turned to Ruhee and gave it to her," For Ruhee." he said smiling. Ruhee was really touched, and you could tell from her expression, as she held joy and happiness. She happily accepted it with a smile and said, "You remembered!"

"Remembered what?" it was Aayan who asked that, now throwing daggers at the bouquet. "Ruhee's favorite flowers are white roses." Huzayl said smiling at Ruhee. Ruhee was busy admiring the flowers, that she couldn't notice how a particular brown eyes were staring at her. She looked up at Huzayl with gratitude and thanked him. She ran up to her room, and placed the roses in the vase, kept on the bed side table.