37 • Stupid Mendak

.
.
.

Flashbacks Continued-

Kartik came to her room to check if she was asleep or not. But she dozed off too soon.

K "Itni jaldi sogayi. It's okay. Kal baat karenge. Good night Sherni." He said to his sleeping Naira. As soon as he left she opened her eyes.

She hugged her pillow tightly, thinking of something, about their dance, their moment.

How he kissed her forehead. Okay a soft peck it was. But how could he kiss her forehead like this! It had been so embarrassing and awkward for her and for him as well.

Yes, he kissed her forehead in real. But he thought that was a part of his dream.

N "Usse sachmein yaad nahi hai humare beech kia hua. Ab isse main kya kahu dosti? Humare beech itna closeness kabhi nahi thi. Yeh sab..mujhe kuch samajh nahi aaraha. Main usse kuch puch bhi nahi sakti. Awkward hojayega. Thank God kisine notice nahi kia tha hume. But Kartik! How could he do that! I'm so confused. He loves me? Maybe. Hum toh humesha ladte rehte hai. But aisa hota toh woh mujhe kiss. Uggh!" Finishing her confusing thoughts, she frustratingly slept on her side of the bed.

N "I should stop thinking about it. I need sleep. Kal dekhenge sab. Kal toh main pata karke rahungi." She closed her eyes, deciding she would definitely ask him.

Meanwhile, Kartik was in his room, lying on the bed smiling. He was happy, happy for everything happening around him. He realized his love for his Naira. His heart was way too content for falling in love.

There was a knock on the door, disturbing his own moment.

K "Who is this at this hour?" He sighed opening the door as his two naughty siblings came in.

Shubham "Bhai, aap abhitak soye nahi?" He asked sitting on the bed.

K "Bas jaa raha tha. Tumdono isswaqt yaha? kya baat hai!"

Mansi "Hume apse kuch puchna hai." They both seemed serious then and Kartik sat beside them.

K "Kal bhi puch sakti thi. Tell me what's the matter."

Shubham "Kya chal raha yeh sab?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

K "Kya?" He asked giving a confusing look.

Mansi "We mean, kya chal raha hai aapke aur Naira di ke beech?" She asked directly after he got shocked.

Why are they asking such a question? How do they know? What to say to them! So many thoughts revolved around his mind.

K "Kya kuch bhi bol rahe ho tumlog. Kuch bhi toh nahi chal raha." He said with a laugh hiding his nervousness.

Mansi "Acha? Toh aap aise nahi batayenge." Wait." She just took out her phone and showed him a video. That was their dance video.

K "Guys, yeh sab kya hai? Tum log bhi. Hum toh bas dance kar rahe the. Isme itna bada issue bana ne ki kya zarurat hai?" He sighed at them. Were they doubting him just for a dance.

Shubham "Bhai, just watch it till the end. We have got a surprise for you."

Kartik looked confused and watched it very keenly. Then something caught his eyes. He was more than shocked. Shubham and Mansi smirked at him seeing his expressions.

K "This was..my..dream! What the! Mera sapna! Tumlogo ne mere sapne ko record kaise kia! Yeh kaise ho sakta hai?" He just uttered in shock and fell on the bed with a thud. That was actually shocking.