Orientation

Chapter One / OrientationYEONJUN'S POV_______

YEONJUN'S POV
_______

"I heard there will be a performance later on the orientation?" Soobin told me.

"Yeah it's on the program," I said.

Today is the orientation of the university we're in. Soobin is a freshman college student, and I just gave him a campus tour.

It's not nice to be lost on this big campus. Some seniors here will make fun of freshmen students who are lost, and I don't want that to happen to my little brother.

After giving him a tour we both went to the auditorium so that we can get good seats.

After a few minutes, the program started.

I wasn't listening at all to the stuff that the professors and the authorities are saying, neither was Soobin. Hey, we are brothers.

Finally, it was time for the performance. I was getting bored with the whole orientation thing that my eyes feel heavy already.

"Please welcome! Our pride and joy the K Dance Crew!" The emcee said.

Everyone cheered and applauded. Including me and Soobin.

I'm a member of that dance crew, but I didn't get the chance to practice because I had a tight schedule. I did summer modeling work at weekends and a summer job at the cafe during weekdays. I also have to study even though it was summer, so I ditched the dance and did all of those things.

I needed money for my school necessities this year. Our choreographer understood, and let it slide.

We are currently watching their performance, and then the crowd cheered when it was time for a solo performance.

I gazed at the dancer on the stage. It was a girl who's giving all to her dance. Her stage impact was amazing.

Then suddenly she looked at me. I was taken aback. She stared at me for 3 or 4 seconds and looked away. I felt my heart skipped a beat when she looked at me.

When she looked away, I shook my head. What was that?

After the whole performance, it was finally time to end the orientation.

Soobin told me he wanted to go back to his dorm to rest, and I let him go. He said he can manage since I already gave him a tour.

Our choreographer called me, and I went to the training room.

I slid the door open and had a wide smile on my face.

"You all were amazing!" I shouted and caught everyone's attention.

"YEONJUN!!!"

All of the crew members went running towards me and hugged me.

I almost fell because they were heavy, but I managed to stand up still.

"Yah yah Yeonjun-ah why did you not dance?!" Chaeyoung noona said.

I call her noona even though she's just months older, so is Tzuyu.

"Hehe sorry. I'm a busy person," I said while scratching the back of my neck.

"Omo omo Yeonjun-ah! I thought you were a lazy person?" Umji noona said.

"Yah noona I can change you know."

"Yeonjun!" I heard Hyewon's voice from behind, and I looked back.

She came running towards me and hugged me.

"You're here!" she said with pure excitement.

I chuckled and tapped her back. She's one of my closest friends here on our dance crew. Some of the members love to ship us, but we're just friends. She's like my sister you know.

She pulled back from the hug.

"I missed you!" she said with a smile on her face.

"Yah you love birds stop it my eyes can't take it," Dahyun noona said.

Some of the other girl members pulled Hyewon away from me.

I looked for our choreographer Park Jimin, but he wasn't in sight. Suddenly someone poked me on my back. It was Jimin hyung.

"Choi Yeonjun," he said with his hands on his back.

"Welcome back," he said and gave me a pound hug.

Taehyung was with him as well. He doesn't like it when I call him hyung because he said he feels old.

"Thanks, hyung," I said with a smile.

"Oh hey hyung." I put my one arm on his shoulder.

"Who's the new girl?" I asked.

"New girl?" hyung asked.

"The new girl. The one who did the first solo."

He flicked my forehead and chuckled.

"She's not new. You just didn't attend summer training that's why you think she's new," he said.

"So who is she?" I asked.

"Oooo someone's interested," Taehyung said, and Jimin hyung and he did a fist bump.

I just chuckled. Well, what they said was true. I am quite interested. She did well in her performance.

"So...?"

"Hwang Yeji. We call her Yeji," hyung said, and I nodded.

"She's a great dancer."

"I agree," hyung said and looked at something behind me.

I looked back and saw Yeji. Fixing her things. She's now wearing an oversized white shirt tucked into her denim shorts. Her hair wasn't long, tied in a pony. I figured it was just extensions she was wearing on her performance.

I felt someone pushed me.

"Go," I heard Taehyung said, and that's exactly what I did.

I walked towards Yeji, and she looked up at me. She's tall. I'm guessing she's just three inches shorter than me.

"Hello," she said and bowed to me. I did the same.

"Hi!" I said with a smile.

"So...I saw your performance. You were great." I smiled.

She looks cuter when she smiles. She looked hella intimidating when she wasn't smiling.

"Thank you!" she said with a smile and bowed.

"You don't have to do formalities with me," I said while waving my hand side to side.

She looked straight into my eyes and nodded. I can feel my heartbeat beating faster than normal. Shit.

"I-I'm Yeonjun by the way. Choi Yeonjun." I said and held out my hand for her to shake.

She held on to it and smiled. "Yeji. Hwang Yeji. I hope we can be close friends."