~Fifty~

Last Days at Lakeview High

                                  ~Jade~

It's been 5 days.

5 days since Zee's mom died.

She had handled everything strongly. Attending the funeral, sorting out her wears with her other relative. She said she saw it coming. How many cancer patients actually survive it?

I was still lowkey mad at Uthman even though he had been nothing but sweet and caring the past days.

But he still doesn't know what he did wrong? Just imagine oo!

It was all rainbow and sunshine until I walked into Michelle. It was a Saturday and we were attending a tutorial for our next exam, English Language.

She was pressing her phone and I was also pressing my phone when we bumped into each other. She looked up, her mouth opened to apologize. She closed it and dragged a long hiss when she saw it was me.

The she bumped into me harder, making me stagger and she started to walk away. I turned back and grabbed her by my hands. I would've loved to grab her by her hair but unfortunately for me, there was no hair to grab.

She looked back with a look of disgust on her face. She looked at where I held her hands before she attempted to yank her hands free but my grip was stronger. She twisted and twisted until she finally gave up.

'Now, what's your problem?'

She asked, her voice laced with annoyance.

I smiled at her and dragged her to the nearest corridor.

Which turned out to be our corridor. God! Every single thing was reminding me about Uthman. That one ehn.

I dropped her hands forcefully and suddenly that she slammed into the wall. I swear, I could hear her bone break.

Just joking though.

I blocked the way out of the corridor and after three unsuccessful attempts at walking away, she finally gave up.

'What now? If you haven't noticed, I've been avoiding you like a plague and I would very much appreciate it if you do the same for me. We have less than two months left.......'

I basically saw the saliva roll from her mouth and it landed on my nose before I could dodge it.

Jesu Kristi!

I wiped it with the back of my left hand.

And then, I slapped her.

I wasn't even thinking when I slapped her. My right hand just rose and hit her cheeks before I could stop myself. Her head jerked to the left side and she grabbed her cheeks with her hand. Her mouth opened in a small surprised O. She was surprised. I was surprised too because I never use violence. No matter how angry I get but I don't even know what I was thinking.

I wasn't even thinking at all.

She blinked, once, then twice and I could see tears pooling in her eyes. Then she raised her hand to slap me. I grabbed it.

'I wouldn't do that if I were you.'

Then I dropped her hands. It was obvious that she was seething with anger.

'How could you have stooped so low? Michelle? How could you? You're a disgrace to the whole generation of females. You're so pathetic and a waste of time and space.'