Chapter 6

"Here take this." Natasha came running behind Mohsin as he exited the main door.

"I don't want it. I am full." He confessed. He slid into his car seat but Natasha stopped him right on the spot by bringing her hand into the half opened window of the driving seat. "Eat this or else—."

She stuffed the morsel of paratha right into his already stuffed mouth and he had no other option left but chew and swallow which he unwittingly did.

After his mother was sure that no more his son would starve with the current food in his stomach till noon she let him go and he brought the engine to life. Mumbling an Allah Hafiz he left.

Their house job had started now. No one knew how the time passed but three years had flashed by. He know was a man of twenty-five stepping into the world outside. He hopped he could do well. He was confident in University but now getting to know to each fibre of your patient was hard. Patience, consistency and focus was needed. He had to stay calm and tried understand the psyche of his patients.

Amarha all the way was a very calm and a sweet doctor. For the patients she had to be there. Sometimes she had to work longer than her usual hours just to make sure she was serving mankind the way her father wanted her to. She remembered her father always tendering her with his advices, "Amarha! Do your duty for the nation to the fullest. Make sure you are making your each penny halal."

These words always kept her glued to her work.

It was evening when all the young doctors were free. Not all but those whose duty hours ended by evening. Well for some duty started by this time and ended by midnight.

Amarha had finished her cup of tea and now she was sure that driver of her auto would be outside. She got the elevator and pressed the button to ground floor. As the elevator gates opened with a ding she stepped out in the hallway. Her stomach rebelled and she was thought of what would have Mishal cooked for lunch that her mother, Maryam, would warm up for her in oven. She hoped something good was cooked because she found herself so weak walking like zombies in the main hall.

Her tired eyes shot up to the sounds of gates being opened up with a thud. They brought in someone in stretcher. People who led the stretcher in looked fear-struck. Horribly they asked people to step aside. One of them yelled, "he needs quick care. He's been shot!"

That mere statement made Amarha gasp. Sight of blood always petrified her. When they pushed the stretcher up in the little sloppy pathway. Amarha took the stairs and found out they were taking it to the surgery unit III where she worked. Unknowingly she walked in, seeing the patient's miserable condition she couldn't help but ask people around about him.

They all took him in, in the ICU.

She looked around and found Mohsin holding a file in his hands. He was reading it intensively. Amarha walked to him and asked, "Mohsin?"

"Han?" He briefly threw a gaze in her direction before going back to work but when she asked about the patient, he looked at her again, "ugh Amarha" he rubbed his temple. "I don't know. Dozen of people come and leave here." He patted her shoulder and turned to leave but stopped all of a sudden.

"Amarha why are you asking?" Amarha could read on his face how intrigued or you say desperate he was to know. Amarha shrugged.

"He had a lot of blood on his shirt."

"Accident."