𝟏𝟗 | 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑

𝐞𝐩 𝟎𝟑

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 had slept most of the journey, but when she woke up she was surprised to see that they were in a city now. Chicago to be exact. She had always wanted to visit Chicago.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." It didn't surprise her that the vampire had been to Chicago before. Being a vampire meant you had all the time in the world to travel - well, unless someone kills you with a stake. Adelaide stretched her hands in front of her, finding herself in the back, laid across the seats. Klaus must have made her and Stefan swap as she remembered she was in the front passenger seat when they left Tennessee. She let out a groan as her muscles yearned to be able to properly stretch themselves.

"I see sleeping beauty has awoken." Klaus smiled at her through the rear mirror.

"What are we doing in Chicago?" She smiled at him before yawning as she spoke.

"You'll see love." They carried on driving until they got to wherever Klaus planned for them to be. Adelaide was the first one out of the car as soon as the engine was turned off, stitching her legs out, before bending down to touch her toes, finding it relaxing her muscles. She blushed but let a smirk appear on her face as she realised Klaus was staring at her. Particularly her ass. She stood back up, before grabbing her jacket from the car, feeling cold. She walked with Klaus as he led her and Stefan to the roof top of a tall building.

"Carry me," Adelaide huffed, pouting at Klaus as she stopped on the many flights of stairs.

"We're nearly there love." Adelaide rolled her eyes before pushing past the two boys and sprinting up the stairs, wanting to just get to the top. That was strange, she thought to herself as she managed to run quicker than usual. She had always been a fast runner but that was faster the usual. It wasn't vampire or werewolf speed but it was like her speed was building up somehow - probably relating to what supernatural being she was. 

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked Klaus as the two joined Adelaide. She didn't know why they hadn't used their super speed.

"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus responded, opening the door at the top. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days." Adelaide sent Klaus a stern, annoyed glance.

"Blocked out most of them." Stefan informed him. "A lot of blood, a lot of partying."

"That is actually quite hard to believe. All you ever do is brood and look grumpy." Adelaide imputed, looking out at the gorgeous Chicago landscape. She took a few steps forward so she was stood more on the roof while the other two stayed by the door.

"The details are all a blur." Stefan glared at her back because of the comment she made while Klaus just chuckled.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend." The hybrid told Stefan as he looked at the happy expression plastered all over Adelaide's face. He had found himself not being able to tear his eyes away from the oldest Gilbert many times, and while he never would admit it to anyone, he also found himself caring about he. "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." Klaus began to tell the story of who Adelaide was quick to assume was Stefan, otherwise why would Klaus have brought it up. She still couldn't believe that this was Stefan he was explaining however - it seemed so unlike him. But to be honest, after seeing him down all of that human blood at Alaric's apartment months ago, before the summer, it seemed more believable than before when thinking Stefan Salvatore was capable of going on a killing rampage.