Chapter 37: Spellbound

The Elemental Masters and Garmadon rode on a blimp above the island.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay questioned noticing Griffin staring at him

"The next one out of the Tournament" Griffin replied smirking

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow? Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen?" Kai asked

"I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'm gonna put you on your back" Shade replied 

"Tensions are high" Garmadon said to Lloyd and Aria

"Yeah, not as high as we are now. Can hardly see the island from up here" Lloyd said as Aria held onto his arm

Neuro stood up "I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" He opens the door to the control room, but no one's piloting it "Ugh!"

Chen appears on screen "How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light. Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now? Ahem, ahem. Hello, final eight. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different"

He shows them a video of Nya.

"We have an uninvited guest on the island. Find her and you will automatically move onto the final round!" Chen announces

"He wants us all to hunt her down?" Jay questions "She won't stand a chance"

"Then find her before anyone else does" Aria ordered

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop" Chen says and everyone gasps "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you nine parachutes... Sensei Garmadon is there? Shoot, that makes ten. Oh, well, I was never good at math. Heh. Toodle-oo."

"That guy's love for trapdoors is seriously getting on my nerves!" Lloyd shouts

The bottom opens and everyone falls

"Lloyd, use your Energy Dragon!" Jay shouts

Lloyd tries to, but fails "I can't! I can't get it to work!"

Jay catches a parachute "I got one! I got one! Hahaha!"

"Your powers don't work because you aren't controlling your fear. Focus." Garmadon instructs "Control your fear. Don't let it control you. Center yourself."

"How are you so calm!" Kai shouts to Aria

"Shut up I'm focusing!" Aria yells at him

Kai grabs a parachute "There's only one parachute left that I can see"

Lloyd and Garmadon both grab the last one

"They're only built for one. This is an easy decision" Garmadon says

"You're right" Lloyd opens the parachute for Garmadon and lets go.

"Aria what are you doing" Lloyd questions taking her hand

"trying to turn into a dragon" She replies "but it's not working"

"Hold on" Lloyd said wrapping his arms around her waist "Control my fear" He summons the Dragon just as he hit the trees.

Chen comes on speakers "Hail, combatants, I have left a few treats to help you in the hunt. I hope you use them wisely"

Aria and Lloyd met up with Garmadon.

"If we're going to find Nya before the others do, we got a lot of ground to cover" Garmadon says

Lloyd points behind Garmadon "Look, Nya's footprints"

"Let's follow them" Garmadon said

"No, Nya is more clever than that. She wants everyone to follow these tracks, but only us to see this" Aria points to a tree with a carving on it "The samurai X symbol"

"Good eye" Garmadon complimented "Let's go"

"wait I'm sure something else is going on during the competition, I know Chen and their has to be a catch" Aria said

"You're right" Garmadon agreed

"You two go find Nya" Aria ordered "I'm going to look around to see if I can find anything"

"If you're sure about this" Lloyd reluctantly agreed "be careful"

-

Chen presses a few buttons in the D.B. Express.

"Master, if our men couldn't find her, why do you think they will fare much better?" Clouse questions "If the girl gets that spell to the Ninja, all of our plans will be jeopardized."

"Oh, Clousey Clouse. There's a reason why I'm the Master and you're my pupil. Why should I worry about the remaining fighters rising up against me, when after today there'll be no fighters remaining? The little treats I gave them are tracking their every move. This little game isn't about them hunting the girl, it's about hunting them" Chen laughs.

"Oh so that's it" Aria said walking in "I knew their was something more"

"Why would you come right to us?" Clouse questions "just curious"

"Because you can't beat me even if you tried" Aria replied smugly before disappearing

Kai is thrown in with the other Masters.

"Don't worry. Lloyd will come for us" Jay said

"I'm planning on it" Chen laughs evilly