Chapter 14

So, lunch was going to end soon. Liana got her stuff and got found by Arlo, so they walked around with each other.

A bit awkwardly, since they haven't talked well for months. But, Liana was feeling alright because of her talk with Keene. And she was invited back to the group chat, where she apologized and said she was dealing with some stuff she didn't want them involved in.

Basically, she was dealing with them being snoopy and knowing too much, so she didn't want to deal with them, but she didn't say that.

They accepted her apology easily, Blyke said "about time", and things seemed to be more normal with them.

Arlo was a bit more awkward, but they were trying. He was still trying to get her to use her ability and show it, but she was just turning him down constantly.

Can you show me how it works? No. Can I see you use your ability? Okay, float. Not float, the dangerous one. No, they're both dangerous. Can you- PUCK OFF I WILL SLAP YOU.

But, because they were trying, she was, too.

"Sorry for blocking you," she told him.

"No, it's fine. But, what can I do to make you use your ability?"

"Unless it's needed, no."

He sighed. "You have so much potential. What is it that makes your level so low?"

"Figure that out."

"I hope you become more comfortable with your ability.."

"It was pretty trippy to use it like that."

She remembered the feeling afterwards. Like she left her room unclean for months, and finally started by putting a piece of garbage away. The feeling of, is it enough? and the worrying about the room's state for so long, and still now. A mess she's intentionally leaving untouched.

Liana winced.

Up ahead, they could hear a scuffle between students.

Interested, Liana trotted forward, followed by Arlo.

"You."

"Y-Yes?!"

Serapinny and Evvy?

Turning the corner, Seraphina was holding the wrist of a mid-tier that was a bit closer to being elite-tier. Her green eyes stared at Seraphina, frightened.

Evie, the girl with watermelon-colored hair, was already jogging off with her items.

"Don't waste others' time," Seraphina warned, letting her go.

Arlo pulled Liana back, watching from around the corner.

As Seraphina walked their way, the green-eyed girl with pigtails clutched her arm. Clenching her fist, her hand started to glow green.

"You're supposed to look out for the rest of us!"

A green beam, like Blyke's, but different in color and weaker, shot toward Seraphina.

Turning around, Seraphina's blue eyes reflected its green light. She threw her arms up to guard her head.

Arlo's eyes glowed and, in an instant, there was a barrier around Seraphina. The green beam, hitting that dome, stopped, the moment she realized what she did.