Chapter 27

Rumor has it that Lee Mina is no longer hanging out with Dream anymore. Na Jaemin probably rejected the poor girl.

~ Anonymous

...

Mina was walking towards her locker, head down as she stared at her feet. Whispers from the students surrrounded her as she made her way through the halls.

Ever since her exchange with Jaemin, she had been avoiding the dream members, opting to stay in the newspaper room instead.

She finally arrived at her locker, quickly grabbing her stuff, quickly picking up the notes that fell out of her locker. She heard footsteps and poked her head from the locker to see who it was.

Crap, it's Renjun.

Mina quickly threw what she could into her bag, slamming her locker closed just as Renjun arrived.

"Hey." Renjun said, but Mina was already halfway down the halls.

Renjun sighed as he bent down, picking up the remaining notes on the floor. He moved towards the garbage can, lightly tossing the notes into the trash. He was fully aware of all the messages of hate they contained.

"Mina's?" Haechan asked, approaching his friend. Renjun nodded.

"She ran as soon as she saw me." Renjun told him.

"I don't know what to do. She doesn't even spend lunch in the cafeteria." Haechan said.

"Jaemin needs to talk to her." Renjun said.

"But he doesn't have the guts to, we both know that." Haechan said while crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know. I don't know what to do." Renjun confessed as the two of them made their way back to their lockers.

"I guess we'll just leave it up to him. He'll break eventually." Haechan said.

"Yeah I guess." Renjun said. He suddenly noticed Haechan smirking at him. "What?"

"Don't you have a date with Areum tomorrow?" Haechan askly slyly. Renjun rolled his eyes.

"Yeah." Renjun answered as Haechan wiggled his eyebrows. "Stop looking at me like that, I heard about your first kiss."

Renjun held in his laugh as the smirk immediately fell from Haechan's face.

"I win!" Renjun sung happily as Haechan smacked his friend on the arm.

...

Jeno felt bad as he messed up the chords for the third time. He could tell that Haneul was getting stressed out from his mistakes as she stopped singing again to stare at him. He ran his fingers through his hair, looking away from his girlfriend.

"Is something on your mind, you've been messing up quite frequently." Haneul asked him, lightly running her fingers across his arm.

"I feel bad for Jaemin, he hasn't been the same since..." his voice trailed off.

"Since Mina and him had their fight?" Haneul asked. Jeno nodded.

"I don't know what to do. He's my best friend but I really don't know what to say or how to help." Jeno confessed. Haneul gently ran her finger through Jeno's hair, trying to hel him feel better.

"It's hard because you don't know exactly what happened between the two." Haneul told him. Jeno turned to face her, staring into her eyes.

"Yeah, I guess that's true. I just wish I could help them out." Jeno told her.

"Yeah. What would you do if it were me?" Haneul asked, curious as to what the answer would be. Jeno gave her a wide smile.

"I would go to your house, serenade you with a song as I sing outside your window." Jeno told her. Haneul couldn't help but smile as she smacked the boy on the arm.

"Yah, do you think Jaemin would do that for Mina? That's so out of character!" Haneul exclaimed, trying to hold in her laughter.

"But you have to admit, that's a pretty good idea, no?" Jeno said, chuckling.

"Whatever." Haneul said, picking up the sheets of music and waving them to Jeno. "Let's get back to practicing."

"Alright, my princess." Jeno responded, chuckling to himself.

...

Jisung exchanged looks with Chenle as they sat at the dinning table of the hangout, watching as Jaemin shoved chips into his mouth while he looked at his notes.

Ever since his fight with Mina, the boy had lost his bright smile, sulking as he sat in class behind her. He was quiet and reserved, even towards his closest friends. His new behaviour worried them all, but none of them knew how to comfort their friend.

Jisung looked at his phone, eyeing the post from the social media page that they all hated. He noticed Chenle do the same thing.

"Aish, I wish I knew who ran this page. They're so annoying." Chenle said before slapping his phone down. The two juniors looked at Jaemin as he began choking on the chip. Jaemin quickly gulped down the glass of water beside him before turning back to his work. An idea popped into Jisung's head.

"Hey Chenle, how do these people post on it anyways?" Jisung asked his friend, a sparkle in his eyes.

"Don't you already know, why are you asking me?" Chenle responded before realizing what Jisung was doing. Chenle's eyes widened before he picked up his phone and began scrolling through it.

"Ah, apparently people just send in messages and the person just posts them." Chenle told them. They noticed a grunt escape Jaemin's lips.

"It's that easy, wow. So they post everything?" Jisung asked. Chenle nodded as Jaemin shifted in his seat.

"Yup, they post everything you send." Chenle said.

"Even a confession?"

"No." Jaemin said with a low thud as he harshly put his pen down.

"Why, hyung?" Jisung whined as he stared at Jaemin.

"Because no." Jaemin responded, shoving his stuff in his bag.

They two maknaes of the group couldn't do anything but watch as Jaemin threw his bag over his shoulder, walking out of the house, slamming the front door. They heard his car engine roar as Jaemin pulled out of the driveway, leaving the two of them alone in the house.

"We need Mina noona back ASAP." Chenle said, breaking the silence. Jisung couldn't agree more with his friend's statement.

———————————————————————————

I miss the dreamies so much :(