six

"𝕀'𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕁

"𝕀'𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕁. 𝕀 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Outer Banks: Episode 1, 37:55

Not wanting to, JJ and you both reluctantly got out of bed and got changed. You walked out of the room, and onto the porch, where John B stood, a beer in hand.

"You guys missed Peterkin," he says. You look at him expectantly, waiting to hear what she said, but he just looks the other way. You look over at JJ but he just shrugs.

~~~

"Come here," JJ says to you. You move to him, and he pulls you down on the hammock with him. You giggle and rest your head on his chest. JJ rakes his fingers through your hair as you fiddle with the hem of his t-shirt. John B soon walks up and speaks to you all. Kiara and Pope, sitting down not far away from you and JJ.

"I'm callin' it off. All right?" John B says. This causes JJ to stop his movements in your hair, letting his hand rest on top of your head. 

"Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with the DCS," he adds. 

"And you believed her?" JJ asks. 

"Of course he believes her," you tell him, but he ignores you, causing you to frown slightly.

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop," JJ says throwing a rock into the distance. You sit up in the hammock, out of his touch. 

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting the gun," John B says, making you flinch but become angry at the same time.

"It was a mistake John B, he won't do it again," you say, defending your boyfriend. 

"You know what I should've done man? Should've just let Topper just drown your ass," JJ says. You glare at him, not liking his words. He frowns at you before going back at it with John B.

"Topper was gonna drown me?" John B asks him.

"Sure looked like it. I mean, have you looked in the mirror?" JJ asks, getting up from the hammock and starting to walk to John B.

"JJ," you whisper, trying to grab his hand and pull him back. JJ just shoves your hand away and walks more to John B. You cross your arms over your chest, upset with him for blowing you off. 

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ yells, hitting a decoration that was hanging from the overhang of the roof. You got up from the hammock and walked over to JJ, placing and arm on his forearm.

"Goddamn!" He yells, making you flinch and pull your hand back. 

"Calm down! It's ok!" You tell him, frowning again. 

"No it's not okay!" He yells in your face. You take a step back, not liking how he was acting towards you. JJ softens a little but still is angry.

"It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable  down there, and you know It, man. I know you do. And I understand why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk," He says.

"And you, I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother?" He tells Kiara.

"But you, y/n, and me? Man, we got nothin' to lose!" JJ yells.

"We really don't, all right?" He adds.

"Yes we do, JJ," you whisper, thinking that you do, when in reality you don't. Maybe it was your hope making you say that. Your hope that you did have something, anything. 

JJ ignores you again and continues talking to John B. This angers you. Not long ago he was kissing you and asking you to be his girlfriend, and now he was either ignoring or yelling at you. 

"And I know it didn't use to be that way for you,".

"I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it," John B says. JJ buts in more and John B pushes past him, JJ following. Not wanting to hear this, you walk back inside the house, and into the guest bedroom. You fall down onto the bed, closing your eyes briefly, befogging sitting up and rummaging through your bag. 

You pull out an old picture from when you were little, your first birthday party. You mom and dad stood behind you, smiling widely, as you ate the birthday cake. But the cake was mostly on your face. You think back to what JJ had said before.

'But you, y/n, and me? Man, we got nothin' to lose!' You let a tear fall, as you have already lost everything. Your parents don't care about you anymore, you're a Pogue, you have no family. Really, you only have JJ. And Pope, Kiara, and John B, but mostly just JJ. You have already lost so much, is it possible you would loose JJ too? 

You let more tears fall before you hear the door creak open. You look over to see JJ standing there. You quickly wipe away the tears, hoping he didn't see them, but he did. He walks over to you and takes you into his arms. You melt under his touch and let the tears fall, sobs tearing through your body.

"I've a-already l-lost e-everything, J. I got nothing l-left," you sob, clutching his shirt in your hands. He holds you tighter to him, as if you would disappear if he let go.

"Don't say that. You have me, Pope, Kiara, John B. You have a whole future ahead of you, y/n!" He says, not believing that you thought you had nothing left. 

"But what happens when you all leave me?" You whisper.

"I would never leave you. Never in my life. You mean too much to me for me to do that. Ok? I would never leave you," he says, his own tears now falling freely. You look up at him and laugh through your tears.

"We are such a mess, J" you whisper laugh. He smiles slightly and says,

"But you're my mess. Only mine". You nod and catch your lips on his, kissing him passionately. He wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you onto his lap. You wrap your arms around his neck, and tilt your head slightly, kissing him deeper. He slides a hand under your shirt to caress your waist, while you slip your tongue into his mouth. Your tongues battle for dominance, JJ's winning. He groans into the kiss making you smile. You both pull away panting. JJ rests his forehead against yours, pecking your lips occasionally.

"I will never leave you, never." He whispers.

And that was a promise.

End: Episode 1, 39:16

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

did you guys like this chapter? which chapter has been your favorite so far?? thank you guys for almost 800 reads!!! <3