17

nov. 20th, 2038.
anderson residence.
heavy snowfall.
10:35 a.m.
---

"Hank, I'm worried about him. Ever since he's gotten this time off he's been using all of it to mercilessly pursue Care's killer. He's put all his energy into it. He's only been getting four hours of sleep recently. I don't know how to stop him because he won't listen to me." Connor confesses.

"If he won't listen to you what makes you think he'll even hear what I have to say?" Hank sips his coffee. "He's very stubborn. He won't stop until that guy's in handcuffs."

"So, you don't have any suggestions?"Connor snaps.

Hank puts out a hand, "Relax." He sighs, "Help him solve the case, Connor. You're good at that, so, use that to your advantage. He really needs that right now."

"I guess, I could do that." Connor nods. If it will get my (y/n) back. A new wave of determination washes over Connor. He was programmed to solve cases why had he not thought about solving Care's case earlier? He grabs a jacket (y/n) had gifted him and marches toward Hank. "Hank!"

Hank turns around slowly mumbling swears under his breath. "Yeah?"

"Take me to (y/n)'s house." He demands.

"Wow, Connor. No please?"

"Please, Hank?"

"Whatever you want, Loverboy." He groans standing from his seat. "Give me a minute."

The two arrive at (y/n)'s home and as Connor walks up to the door Hank drives himself back home. Connor feels a cloud of anxiety over his chest as he lifts his hand to knock on the door. He was (y/n)'s boyfriend for a week. He hoped his interference with (y/n)'s vendetta wouldn't ruin their relationship but he knew if Care's killer wasn't found (y/n) would never rest. Not only never resting, never stopping to put himself in danger, never focusing on something else, never putting his energy into anything else, and never spending time with Connor unless he was there to catch Care's killer.

Walt answers the door and to Connor's shock, he pulls him into a hug. There was no trick here, just a simple embrace. Walt pulls away and puts his hands on Connor's shoulders. "You are designed to solve cases, right?"

"Yes. I'm the only android of my model."

"You need to help (y/n). I can't get him away from Care's case. All he's been doing this past week is staring at files on his computer and making aggressive phone calls. You're his boyfriend he's got to listen to you." Walt presses his back onto the door and pulls Connor into the house. "He's upstairs."

Connor nods, "Thank you, Walt." Connor ascends the stairs running his hand along the railing. He looks at the walls adorned with pictures of (y/n) and his family along with different pets. He even had a few pictures with officers from the department mostly consisting of Hank, Chris, Tina, and Gavin. Even though (y/n) and Gavin seemed at each other's throats they had a strong bond. There were pictures of (y/n) with Walt and Care as well. Connor wonders if he too would be immortalized in a picture with (y/n).

Connor reaches (y/n)'s door and knocks softly, "It's me, Connor."

"Connor?" Something inside the room falls to the ground with a loud thud. "Come in!" Connor enters to see an unshaven, bedhead adorned, (y/n). He's sat by his desk chair turned toward Connor.

"(y/n)?" Connor's brows furrow. "I've never seen you with facial hair."

"Oh." (y/n) looks down at his lap. "I guess I didn't notice. Been busy."

Connor kneels, "(y/n)." He grabs (y/n)'s hands. "How long have you been at your desk?"

"Just a few hours, Connor, I promise."

"(y/n)," Connor squeezes his hands.

"Okay," (y/n) leans forward resting his chin on Connor's shoulder. "I'm sorry, Connor."

"It's okay. It's okay." Connor rubs (y/n)'s back. "We will find them, okay? I'll help you."

(y/n) begins to sob and a stream of tears fall from his face down onto Connor's shoulder.

---

"Yeah, I got a lot of flowers from everyone. It was really nice." (y/n) explains over dinner.

"Even Gavin?"

"Yeah, even him. He's not so much of an ass if you get to know him. He just has outbursts. Plus he was there when I was shot, so, if he didn't get me flowers I'd kick his ass."

Connor watches (y/n)'s movements closely as he talks in between bites. His mood had developed since Connor's arrival. Connor agreed it'd be best he stay with (y/n) seeing as they're boyfriends after all. Hank no longer needed someone at his home and assured Connor his mental state was soaring. (y/n) assured Connor of Hank's state as well noting his few experiences with the Lieutenant in the past and how he had dramatically changed.

Walt was unsure if his presence at the home would make things awkward for the couple but after a discussion, the couple decided it was probably in Walt's best interest to stay. After all, there were still people who had violent hate for androids and it'd make things a whole lot worse if Walt died. There was a bedroom Walt was fond of and (y/n) agreed he could stay in there.

Although there was a serial killer on the loose, a whole species rights on the line, and (y/n) was still recovering from a severe wound, everything felt right. Everything had become calm and (y/n) had Connor to thank for that. Not only was he there to console him, but he was also ready to hunt down the murderer who took Care's life. And (y/n) in turn would be attending the meetings between Markus and the government with Connor. (y/n) knew the government to not be trusted, although he did technically work for them, he knew it would take more than simple meetings and talks for the androids to gain rights. He was ready to be there because those he loved dearest were androids and there was no way he would let injustice befall them. Care had already been killed and no one was going to investigate but him. Walt took care of him and was his best friend through everything. Connor was his love, he would fail his missions and be destroyed just for the simple fact he fell in love and had deviated. Connor was not just a lover but a protector of those he held dear especially (y/n).