Chapter 30

Jaemin had given up. Mina was constantly avoiding him and there was nothing he could do. She ignored his messages, his calls, even the notes he left in her locker. At this point, there was nothing he could do as he lied on the floor of the dance studio inside their hangout, waiting for the rest of the Dream members to attend practice.

It seemed that all his other friends had amazing love lives. Jeno and Haneul were literally perfect, Renjun now had Areum, and Haechan even had his first kiss with Soojung. Chenle and Jisung were too busy fooling around with each other to date, but Jaemin knew they would have no problem if they tried.

Jaemin's thoughts were interrupted as someone turned the lights of the studio on, making Jaemin open his eyes.

"Cheer up." Jeno said as he walked over to the speakers, plugging his phone in. Jaemin glared at him.

"Easy for you to say Mr. Perfect Love Life." Jaemin replied. He watched as Haechan rolled his eyes as he walked passed him towards Jeno.

"Grumpy Jaemin sucks. He won't even cook for me." Jisung whined, stretching his arms above his head.

"That's on you, you should learn how to cook yourself." Renjun replied. Jaemin tried his hardest not to laugh but a small smile appeared on his face. He quickly wiped it off as he saw Chenle pass him but it wasn't fast enough.

"Renjun, you made him smile!" Chenle exclaimed. The boys quickly turned to face Jaemin but he just glared at Chenle.

"Whatever, let's just get this over with." Jaemin said, standing up so they could begin their practice.

...

Mina was regretting her decision to visit the newspaper room early in the morning. She sighed as she finished publishing the articles on the talent show and musical. Mina found it interesting, how they were both on the same day, the talent show in the afternoon and the musical at night.

Mina looked at the time, class would be starting soon. She quickly packed her stuff before making her way to class.

As Mina entered the classroom, she realized that there were still a few minutes remaining before class started. She took her seat beside Jieun, hoping that none of the boys would interact with her. Lucky for her, they decided to keep to themselves.

Jieun's head was resting in her hands, leaning on her desk as she scrolled through her phone. Mina noticed that she was reading the article that she just published. Jieun must have noticed Mina staring as she locked her phone to talk to her.

It would be rude to ignore her, wouldn't it? Mina thought to herself as she took her seat.

"Are you going to the talent show and musical?" Jieun asked. Mina thought about her answer for a moment.

"I'm not sure." Mina admitted.

"You should." Jieun said as their teacher walked in, saving Mina from more conversation.

...

"Noona, when are you going to do it?" Jisung whispered to Jieun as they watched Mina walk into the cafeteria line.

"Should I do it now?" Jieun asked the two younger boys behind her. They nodded. Jieun took her phone out, quickly posting on Rumor Has It. She watched as the many phones of the students in the cafeteria begin to buzz, eyeing Jaemin and Mina for their reactions.

Rumor has it that Na Jaemin has a crush on Lee Mina and really wanted to tell her. She is such a kind and beautiful soul, and Jaemin deserves someone as good as her. I hope that Mina gives him a chance for him to talk to her so he can properly confessed.

~ Anonymous

Jieun watched with Jisung and Chenle as Jaemin's eyes widened as he read the post. He quickly looked up to find Mina, but the girl was already leaving the cafeteria. Jaemin got up, leaving the cafeteria to chase the girl down the halls as the rest of the students stared at them.

Renjun loudly cleared his throat, breaking the silence. The attention quickly turned to him. Renjun simply shrugged as he ate his lunch.

"So Jeno, what are your plans after school?" Renjun asked his friend. Jeno stared at his friend who glared back at him before answering.

"Oh uh... Probably just studying, what about you?" Jeno answered, taking the hint. Soon the cafeteria was bustling with noise once again.

"I hope this works." Chenle said to his friends. Jisung nodded in agreement.

"Me too." Jieun said as the looked at the exit the two had left.

...

"Mina!" Jaemin called out as Mina furiously walked in the halls but she was met with a dead end. Crap.

"Mina, just let me talk." Jaemin begged as he got closer to her. Her back was facing him but he could tell she was tense.

"Listen, please?" Jaemin slowly reached out but quickly retracted his hand as Mina turned around.

"Is it true?" Mina asked. Jaemin gave her a confused look so she raised her phone, showing him the post. Jaemin took a deep breath before answering.

"Yes." Jaemin answered. Mina didn't know what to say, so she looked away avoiding eye contact. Jaemin knew he had to think carefully about his next words. He took his hand in hers, making her stare at him.

"Mina, I never meant to hurt you. At the beginning of the year, I really didn't want a relationship, thinking that I would only get hurt in the end. Seeing Jeno and Haerim, it was a disaster and I didn't want anything like that. But after meeting you, that all changed. After meeting you, I wanted to be with you all the time. By simply being by your side, taking pictures for you, it made me happy. It was comforting. It was like a breath of fresh air. And most importantly, it was nothing like Jeno and Haerim." Jaemin said, staring into her eyes. Mina bit the bottom of her lip before talking again.

"So you really like me?" Mina asked him. Jaemin nodded his head.

"Okay." Mina said before wrapping her arms around him in a hug, surprising Jaemin. Jaemin slowly wrapped his arms around her as well, softly resting his head on hers.

"I forgive you, Jaemin." Mina softly said to him.

———————————————————————————

Dream doing pictorials thoughhhhhhhhh