Chapter 49

Jennie's POV

"Tch. Leaving, huh?" I laid my head in between my palms as I stared at the window of Jisoo's room. It was completely empty without her waving at me and making faces like an idiot.

I smiled at the thought of her. She's been in my mind since yesterday's happenings. I sighed and shook my head. There really isn't anything stopping her from going.

Me and Hanbin immediately left when she obviously noticed the both of us. Luckily, the maknaes didn't question me yet.

"Stop moping there and get you ass up. Mom and Dad wants to talk to you." My dear brother broke the silence in my room since yesterday while he leaned himself on the doorframe of my door.

"Why?" I asked. Bored and uninterested of the topic.

"They're already on call in the telephone so get yo ass up or I'll tell them that their sweet daughter is being an ass to his big brother again." Hanbin threatened and I didn't have the energy to fight back so I stood up and went down to the living room where the telephone was standing by. Didn't forget to glare at Hanbin on the way.

I placed the telephone on my ear and waited for my parents to say something. But remembering that they're already old, I spoke first.

Jennie: Mom, Dad?

Mom: Jennie! Finally, you picked up. Sweetie, are you still going to that Dance of your school this Friday?

I was left stunned at my place at what she asked. I didn't even remember the Dance since last Saturday!

Jennie: U-Um... I think... not.

I mean, there's no reason for me to go without Jisoo...

"Great, I'm thinking about her again..." I mumbled but realizing that I was still on the line, my eyes widened. Mom must've heard.

Mom: Dear, you know you can share with me whatever that burden your heart is carrying right now right..?

I imagined my mother giving me a soft and encouraging smile right now that simply wants me to just tell her everything. It must be something that a mother can only do.

I took a deep breath before speaking with tears running down my face. Not noticing it, I let it flow.

Jennie: J-Jisoo and I... b-broke up. I-it was my fault so I-I don't r-really blame her. I'm blaming m-myself, honestly. She was too g-good for me anyways. H-How selfish could I g-get that I e-even had the will to hurt her...

After I let out all that, I couldn't hold in the sobs that I was keeping in. My mom surely knows how to make me confess like this.

After some silence and sobbing, my mother finally spoke with the most softest tone I've ever heard from her.

Mom: Dear... I'm sorry that you two broke up. You two made a great couple, after all. But don't let it get to you, Jennie. Even if you said sorry to her on the phone right now, she'd willingly take you back with no hesitation. Considering she's such a lovesick lady when it comes to you.

I laughed at the last part then smiled even though my mom won't see it.

I'm really thankful for such a mother and family. They did everything for me. I'm such a lucky person to have them.

But it won't be a family if I can't marry Jisoo...

The sudden thought made me embarrassed and shy for a second. But the thought was somehow correct. My life won't be complete without Jisoo.

Jennie: Thanks, Mom.

I've now noticed that I've stopped crying and I felt relieved.

Mom: No problem dear. So back to the Dance... are you coming or not?

Right, the call was supposed to be for the Dance and not my own drama. Gosh... how embarrassing.

Jennie: I will, I suppose. I won't have any fun being alone here at home.

Mom: That's great! I've already picked your dress this Friday and so just relax there alright?

I could imagine her dancing right now out of happiness. Just by hearing her footwork. I chuckled at the silliness of my mother. Truly a good mother.

Jennie: Yes, Mom.

Mom: Ok. I'll check up on you and your brother later. Because your father is getting impatient about something. Call you later, dear. I love you and Binnie...

She sent smooches right after which made me laugh.

Jennie: Bye. Love you.

I then ended the call and sighed. I feel exhausted and all I wanna do now is sleep. Seeing Hanbin sleeping on the couch which I didn't notice, I decided to sleep as well.

But when I closed my eyes, Jisoo appeared with Soojoo beside her smiling lovingly at each other. They were both at the airport and was about to get in the plane when I unconsciously reached my hand out to only grasp nothing. My eyes opened and my breaths were shallow and hot.

Stupid Jisoo... I'm pretty sure she won't even go to the dance. She'll be leaving anyways. Why is she even appearing in my dreams in the worst of times?

But then I realized, I don't wanna let her go just yet. I want her back and I need her. A selfish desire but who cares! I've been selfish far too manytimes to even know the word selfless. The thought of her and Soojoo together kills me inside. So no way in hell am I gonna let her go again and again!

Then I made a decision.

"It's my turn to make you mine, Jisoo."

...

• Boring... •