Chapter 7: Air Temple Island

Korra felt the sun push into her eyes and she unhappily opened one eye to see that a maid had opened up a curtain in her and Asami's room. "Ah you're up! Good morning Lady Korra." She said with a smile.

Korra looked around to see her girlfriend no where in sight. "Where's Asami?" "Miss Sato left early this morning for work. She said she had to meet with a planner early this morning for the launch party next week. She also said to wake you up at 9AM if you hadn't already and prepare breakfast for you. Here's a note she left you." Korra took the note and the lady left the room.

"Good Morning sleepyhead. Sorry I had to leave so early this morning, I would have woken you up to say goodbye but I know you think mornings are evil. Plus you looked so cute sleeping I just couldn't. You looked like you really needed the rest. Don't forget you promised Tenzin to go to Air Temple Island today and spend some time with the kids! I'll probably be at work late tonight again so don't wait up for me. I love you loads Korra.
XOXO -Asami"

Korra just smiled while reading the letter. She loved that woman no matter how hard she worked. 'Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to tell Asami' she thought to herself.

She headed to the shower grabbing her change of clothes on the way in. After she was done getting ready she went downstairs to the kitchen. 'Mmmm yum! I love bacon!' She quickly ate her breakfast then went to get Naga and head over to Air Temple Island.

"Naga!" Korra called, unable to find her big furry friend. Ten seconds later a large polar bear dog could be heard barreling towards her. Korra turned around and smiled as she saw her best friend.

"Hey girl! You wanna go to Air Temple Island with me and visit a few friends?" Naga just sat wagging her tail and barked. "I'll take that as a yes." Korra put the saddle on Naga then hoped on. "Ready when you are girl." Naga took off at full speed and headed towards the island. She was headed towards the docks but took a sharp right turn before they could get to the air nomad station. "Looks like we're taking a swim huh girl?" Bark. Naga jumped over the railing and into the water with Korra. 10 minutes later they arrived on the beach and Korra bent the water off of both of them.

"I guess you really missed the ocean water, even though Asami lets you play in the pool I know you like it the waves more. How bout I promise to bring you back here more?" Naga nudged into Korra and lifted her off the ground. Korra giggled "Haha okay okay I get it. I'll definitely bring you back. I'm sure the kids would like it."

As they reached the temple Korra saw Jinora and Kai walking side by side. Kai spotted her first and gave a big wave. Jinora turned her head to see who Kai was waving at and smiled so big as she screamed and ran to Korra. "Korra you're here!" She tackled the southerner into a big hug. "Yah, I said I was coming today. Did you not think I was good on my word?" "I did. It's just 11:00 we weren't expecting you to get here until later. I thought you'd sleep in until at least 10." "Yah well Asami had someone get me up at 9 this morning to make sure I came here. She thinks that's sleeping in, maybe for her it is." "Well tell her I said thank you. I feel like it's been forever since you've been back on the island." "It's only been like 2 weeks." "Ughh I know but it's so boring here and you're the only one who keeps it fun but not out of control like Meelo does."

"Hey what about me!" Kai said. "Oh honey you know you're fun but dad has you training like crazy right now so you can get your tattoos."

Korra spoke up. "Wait Kai you're getting your tattoos?" "Well I might be. I still don't know how I feel about it. I know it's really important to air bender culture but I'm still earth kingdom at heart. Plus Tenzin is making it extra hard to prove I'm ready to be an air bending master." He turned to Jinora "I'm still not 100% sure your dad likes me."

Korra put a hand on his shoulder "Kai Tenzin isn't even 100% sure he likes you." She felt Kai tense up. "Relax. Trust me he does. But you're dating his little girl, he just wants what's best for Jinora, he wants to know that you're always gonna be there for her and protect her. He wants to make sure you love her no matter what and never break her heart." "Korra you know I love Jinora, and I'm always gonna protect her." He said staring lovingly into Jinora's eyes bonding both her hands. "I love you too Kai." Jinora said. "Aye I guess I have been gone for too long. Y'all are getting so serious using the L word and everything." She said, pretending to wipe a tear off her face. "Korra you know we say that. I swear every time you visit you act like it's a new thing." Jinora said as she rolled her eyes. Korra brushes her off and looked Kai dead in the eye and said "But if you ever break her heart of her trust I will break your face." Kai just held up his hands in defense. "Jeez no need to go flow blown mama bear on me Korra." "Wh-what! I am not acting like a mom!"

"Korra's right." A loud voice boomed. It belonged to Tenzin.

"She is?" "I am?" They all said in unison.

"Of course. Korra's just acting as your big sister Jinora." Korra smiled to herself. "Hm I guess I am." She turned to look at Tenzin. They shared a short hug. He spoke up first. "It's good to see you hear so early. I'm really glad you're with Asami, she has a great influence on you." "Thanks , I'm glad too. I think I'll keep her." "Why don't you come with me. I was on my way to meditate." "I'd love to."

A few hours went by. Korra has meditated with Tenzin ,spared with a couple of the training air bending students, had a small snack for lunch, and played with the air bender kids down by the beach. Rohan was now sitting her lap playing with a sandcastle she helped him make, watching his older siblings bicker and fight over who was to get the last lychee jelly jello bowl left. Pema walked up from behind them.

She walked so as to not startle Korra. "Here why don't I take him off of your hands?" "Oh I don't mind, I actually kinda hanging out with Rohan." Pema just smiled in response before looking over to her three other children. She put on her mom face and yelled with her mom voice. "The three of you stop bickering right now! Since Korra is a guest she gets the last jelly bowl." Meelo just groaned "ughhh but she can get them for herself at homeee." All it took was one look from Pema to shut him up. "Okay everyone, head inside dinner is ready." They all made there way up. Korra places Rohan over her shoulders before walking up with everyone. Pema just smiled and said "You're gonna be a great mother one day Korra." Korra stopped in her tracks and looked at Pema. "You really think so?" Pema just looked at her and nooded as a means of saying yes. Korra smiled to herself trying to not show how much that meant to her or how happy it made her. They both continued their way to the dining hall and ate dinner with everyone.