Chapter 8: Reasurance

Kya rose from her seat after everyone was done eating. "Tenzin, Korra, can you come with me? I wanna have a little chat." Both nodded in response before excusing themselves from the table as well. They walked into Tenzin a office and Korra began to think about what Kya wanted to talk to both of them about that she couldn't say in front of everyone else and realized that she wanted to talk to her about what was going on with her sister.

Everyone walked in the room and found their places. Korra was leaning up against the window frame, tenzin sat down on the rolly chair at his desk and Kya sat in the corner of the room where tenzin had two comfy chairs and a table in between them, no doubt used when he and his wife would talk.

Tenzin spoke up "Ahem, so Kya what did you want to talk about." "Well I'm pretty sure you already guessed but I wanted to talk with Korra more about that letter her sister sent."

The siblings eyes looked to the young Avatar whos gaze had now shifted to out the window watching the sunset. "I honestly don't know what to do about this." She said. "The plan was that no one found out about my family. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that you knew me before the split happened I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even know I wasn't an only child." "So what are you feeling right now?" Tenzin asked. "I feel scared because there is a very good reason we kept this a secret, happy because I don't have to hide any more and honestly I miss my family. Nervous for everyone's reaction when they found out I lied to them...especially Asami."

There was silence for a few minutes but the older waterbender broke it. "Korra". Korra finally turned her head away from the window so she was now looking at Kya. Kya patted the chair next to her "Come here." The Avatar followed suit and sat down. "Don't worry about what anyone else thinks right now. Asami may not be happy that you kept this from her but once she hears everything I'm sure she'll understand." "I hope so." "She's a very sensible woman Korra. Besides right now you should be thinking of how much you can catch up." "That's the other thing. What if we can't go back to the way it used to be?"

Tenzin and Kya just looked at each other both knowing the feat Korra had. They shared the same feeling at one point. Even though it wasn't through the same circumstances both adults had wondered what it would be like for them to all join up again.

The airbending master looked directly at Korra. "It may be rocky at first but you'll find the swing of things. And maybe it won't be like the way it used to be but that's not necessarily a bad thing. You've grown up so much. You're a different person now. But reading that letter you know your sister misses you too. Family always comes first and if I know anything about you it's that you'll fight tooth and nail for the people you love. Don't worry about the dangers of this. She knows what she's getting herself into besides there is so much protection with us, the white lotus, your parents and Chief Beifong it would take a hell of a threat to even reach you."

Korra smiles at his words. "Thanks I really needed to hear that." But then she got serious. "But if anything happens, and I mean anything you let me know right away. Then you can try and convince me that everything is fine afterwards."

"When are you planing on telling Asami?" Kya asked. "Actually I've already tried once, but it wasn't the right time. I was planning on telling her today but she left early in the morning like usual and didn't wake me up, the note she left me said she would be home super late because of the upcoming launch and not to wait up." "Hm, I suggest you do it soon so she has time to adjust at prepare before the arrival." Tenzin said stroking his beard.

Korra gave him a look that said 'yah no duh'.

"Anyways" Korra said stifling a yawn. "I should get going it's getting pretty late. Oh and Tenzin, I'm planing on coming by more often. At least to meditate. This is the best spot in the city to get centered and I really need to keep up my training." He smiles and noded. "That's great. Everyone will be happy to have you back on the island more often." Just as Korra was about to get up she remembered her furry friend.

"Can Naga stay here for a week. I know she really misses the island and playing with everyone on the beach." Korra asked. Tenzin said "Of course. Naga is always welcome here. Heck she behaves just as well as the bison we have around here and the kids on the island love her. Just make sure you call Asami before you leave for a ride home. I'll let the air accolades know you're going back on a boat. Korra smiled and nodded. "Thanks. I'll call her office and make sure I can get a driver at the docs to take me home" "Why don't I just drive you back to the mansion on my way back home?" "Wait you're not living on the island." "Haha no i've been living with Lin for the past few months now. She didn't tell you?" "Nope" Kya rolled her eyes and said "Alright then, we should head out before it gets too late." They said their goodbyes and made their way back to the city.