| Nine

THERE IS the same amount of people inside the huge home, which makes it even worse. Everybody who's outside? Crammed inside these walls too!

Emery stays closer to Harven than she would like to admit, dodging swaying boys and dancing girls. Much to Emery's dismay, Her and Harven meet up with his lovely friends.

They sit on the couch, and Emery lets him chat away while she takes in the scene.

Everybody is truly dressed to impress, and her dress is one of the simpler ones. Colorful lights beam down on the dance floor, and quite frankly Emery can't help but follow them with her eyes.

"Hey. Emery right?" A deep voice says beside her, to which she startles at. She's met with a brown haired boy who she remembered seeing at the lunch table. He happened to be the only one who didn't laugh.

"Hi. I remember you." Emery smiles and she swears there's a twinkle in the corner of his onyx eyes.

"Yeah, the less douchey one?" He cocks his head.

Emery lets out a dry laugh. "By a lot, yes." She takes in his form, maybe a bit shorter than Harven, but still towering over her. She likes his crooked smile.

"So why didn't you laugh? At lunch? Something must've been quite funny." Emery quirks up an eyebrow.

He eyes her. "I didn't find anything funny. Maybe it was a bit weird that Harven got someone like you, if anything I would've laughed at him." He grins, leaning his head on his palm.

Emery looks away, suddenly feeling the heat of the room. Someone like you.

"Well." She responds, not being able to find an appropriate response to his statement.

"What your name?" Emery asks, wondering why he took up conversation with her in the first place. Nobody does, really.

"It's Kade. Odd right?"

"It's alright." Emery shrugs, smiling.

Somebody pulls her body from the couch, leaving Kade, and her sneakers squeak against the marble. It's Harven, and he's dragging her right towards the dance floor.

"Harven what are you doing?" She panics, walking slowly until they're right under the strobing lights.

"We're dancing. This is a party, Emery." He says, beginning to sway carelessly. Emery can't help but restrain the laugh at his odd style.

"Harven I can't. I dunno how." She swallows, starting to hug herself. She glances around, hoping to pick up some moves on the spot.

"Emery."

She looks up at him and his ocean eyes still swirl mischievously under the dark light.

"Copy me." He takes her hands, holding them up and wanting her to copy his hip movements. For a moment she forgets that this is the most embarrassing thing ever, and copies him.

She begins to laugh, baffled that she's taking part in this. They move around the floor, spinning and dancing.

"You're doing alright." Harven laughs over the music.

Emery shrugs, quite satisfied with "alright."

After a bit, she's out of breath and drops her hands that still hold onto Harven's. She laughs, trying to find her breath. She looks down and snatched her hands away.

Harven inhales, staring at her, and for a minute his blues and her hazels have a contest. He shakes his head.

She throws her head back and turns away, off the dance floor. Emery plops down on the comfy couch. Harven follows right behind her, sitting beside her.

Her shoulders sag and her eyes flutter. Emery barely registers the loud voices and music anymore. She slumps against something hard.

"You idiot..." she mutters before she's welcomed into a light slumber.

Harven glances down at the small weight on his shoulder. She lets out tiny breaths, and brown wisps of hair collect against her cheek.

He lets out a deep breath.

Oh great, he thinks, not even surprised. To wake or not to wake, is the question.

The party is dying down and Harven decides he will help her this one time.

He scoops her light body up, securing his arm under her legs and letting her head fall on his shoulder.

As he's making his way towards the door, one of his best friends, Kade, stops him.

"Is she alright?" He asked, with a worried tone. He keeps his eyes trained on the unconscious girl.

Harven furrows his brows. "Yeah... she's fine, just tired." He continues around his friend, making it outside and onto the grass.

Outside, there are people passed out on the patio and the ground. Some people still linger, making out and talking nonsense.

Harven places her inside his car, bringing the buckle around. He decides to keep the music down as he drives down the road.

When they arrive, Emery wakes. She's lost for a second, before recognizing her surroundings. She rubs the tiredness from her eyes, but her hair is still disheveled.

"What are you looking at?" She squints her eyes.

"You were really heavy." Harven nods.

Emery rolls her eyes and groans, getting out of the car. She watches him pull into his driveway and turns around.

When she hits her bed, she remembers all of the events that came before her sleep.

She danced with her enemy. She danced with Harven. She groans.

Kade was nice though, her final thought before sleep.