twenty-seven.

❏- Chapter Twenty-Eight
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Name

Days passed by like a blur.

Everything was normal for Soobin. In fact, he could already say that he doesn't regret being sent to the village by his parents.

He's enjoying his time working at the diner in the morning then, helping out his grandmother with whatever she's doing.

And of course, he's having a great time taking care of Lucy. She's a pain in the ass sometimes. Soobin has been scratched a lot of times on his arms --- Lucy's really not a fan of bath time and he could only hope that she will get used to it eventually. But nevertheless, she's a sweet kitten and likes sleeping beside Soobin at night.

Speaking of sleeping, he's been sleeping well the past few days. He still sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night but nonetheless, he could go on sleeping for hours without having the fear of looking like a zombie in the morning.

Yes, everything was normal --- well, except for the mysterious college application form that was sent to him. He still doesn't know who did it and the reason why. It was really weird. It's the thing that wakes him up in the middle of the night.

He talked to Beomgyu about it and just like Yeonjun, he suggested that Soobin should try applying for that university. The problem is --- he doesn't know how to tell his parents about it.

Would they allow him to do what he wants?

Wait, would they even listen to Soobin?

Knowing his parents... they probably would not.

He also talked to his grandmother about it and just like the other two, she also told him to try out for that university if that's what he wants.

But yeah, he should inform his parents about it first since they seem too keen on sending him to the States.

His mom has been calling him quite often these days to tell him about their plans with him.

Soobin studying in another country means less people knowing that he failed to reach the qualified grade in order to get admitted to the oh so 'SKY Universities'. Less people knowing also means less embarrasment for their family.

Ugh! He just wants to take it off his mind but he knows, he needs to make a decision soon.

"Since when did you become a caring boyfriend?" Beomgyu's voice echoed through Soobin's whole room as he blowdried his hair. His bangs is really long now that it will hide his eyes if he keeps it down.

Soobin rolled his eyes, "What boyfriend are you talking about? I will just visit Kai and Taehyun."

"Yeah yeah --- Oh hey there, Lucy! --- Anyway, we both know that they're not the only one you've been dying to see!"

Yes. Beomgyu's right. He's been wanting to see Yeji. There, he said it.

Since Yeji's been working at the hotel at the main town, they haven't got the chance to see each other for the past days. But, they were consistently talking to each other over the phone at night --- just talking 'bout their day and some other things.

She informed him that she would be working at the hotel from Monday to Thursday then, at Aunt Eunhye's, Taehyun's aunt, store from Friday to Sunday. No rest day for her.

Soobin could only think of how hard she's been working for their family. Soobin could help her with money but of course, she wouldn't like that if he would just suddenly offer her that.

"Whatever, Gyu! I'll talk to you later! Bye!" Soobin walked over to his bed where his laptop's at to turn off the call. Beomgyu with his fading bleached gray hair, waved goodbye.