𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 23

This chapter will contain an unsettling scene during the flashback that includes violence, so please proceed with caution or just skip the flashback altogether.

This weeks artwork was made by @soranochan on wattpad! Thanks so much,

I think this fan art of MC and Takahiro looks beautiful.

With the wedding quickly approaching to the point of it only being a week away, you had no sort of time to wander in your thoughts as you usually would. No, now your mind had been set with being obedient with Takahiro. Not only for yourself but for the people whom you knew as well.

At the moment, your arms were held up, perfectly aligned with your shoulders as you got your wedding dress fitted. It was made with a heavy and expensive fabric that weighed you down but looked dazzlingly elegant and graceful in every single way.

You stood on a small stage in the middle of a large and resplendent room, littered with rolls of expensive fabric from head to toe. Your arms grew tired as you had been stuck for the final fitting of your wedding dress for multiple hours now. You had given the news to Kai through letter considering you were too much of a coward to say it through the phone, and he was astonished but happy for you. Nobody knew your thoughts on the marriage, and neither did they care.

You wore a bright, blood-red dress to symbolise your new status as royalty. The dress hugged your curves in all the right places, complimenting your shape while enhancing your best features. Rather than just a single piece, your dress consisted of several layers of clothing.

The first layer was the long-sleeved, red silk shirt worn on your frame, which was tight around the torso but loose around your wrists to the point it would drape down. For your second layer, it was the bottom half of your wedding dress. It was enormous but not so much to the point you looked like you could hide the whole country under your skirt. However, the frame that was holding the bottom half up to keep it in that rounded shape was difficult to walk in, and you nearly felt as though you were to suffocate. Finally, the last layer was reasonably loose with shoulder parts that glided down to your elbows, showcasing the imperial emblem on your forearm. This final layer held much more of the detail compared to the other elements that were just the same shade of red with golden lace and embroidery done in certain places.

"Ah! You look gorgeous. Don't you agree?" The tailor interrogated you. He has a noteworthy tailor, particularly popular with those in the upper class. You sighed and nodded your head silently.

"Indeed, I have nothing to complain about; it is just a bit heavy, don't you think? And-"

"Nonsense, this is nothing! You still have your train to wear. I'm just adding some finishing touches upon it before you can wear it. I'm sure everything will work out perfectly. Besides, heavy clothing just means your movements will be more graceful and slow, no?" The tailor interrupted you.