Chapter 17

Hey guys!

Sorry for the grammar and editing mistakes! Check out the Rewritten version its far better!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 17

        "Hey Luce?"

        "What's up Rose?" Luce mumbled as her fingers typed away at the laptop on her desk. I clasped my hands together nervously and fidgeted in my place by her door.

        "Um, well... there was this party I wanted to go to tonight and I was wondering if you would take me to go buy a costume..."

        The sound of her fingers clicking the keyboard's keys instantly stopped and I watched nervously as her back stiffened. She turned her spinning chair around just enough to look over at me and raise her eyebrow.

        "You want to go to a Halloween party... and skip trick-or-treating?"

        "Y-yeah..."

        She narrowed her bright blue eyes suspiciously before crossing her arms over her chest. "You always want to go trick-or-treating... Is this because of that boy? Rex or whatever?"

        I couldn't help the blush that rose to my face in full force and I ducked my head as heat flourished across my neck. "N-no-"

        "Don't lie Rose."

        I sighed and hung my head as she stood from her chair and walked over to me. "Yeah, he's going to some party tonight and I wanted to go."

        There was a small moment of silence before I glanced up and saw a hundred watt smile playing across Luce's lips. "Sure Rosalyn, I'll grab my purse."

        I gave her a big smile and a quick hug before walking out of her room and hopping down the stairs. "Hey kiddo." Dad greeted me with a smile in the kitchen as I grabbed an apple and headed for the door.

        "Hey dad, Luce is taking me shopping for that party tonight I was telling you about."

        "Oh okay! Have fun!" He called after me as I met Luce, and a grumpy half-awake Tate, at the front door.

        We had arrived at the mall not an hour later, Luce walking quietly at my side and a very grumpy Tate mumbling behind us. "Will you shut the hell up!" Luce finally snapped after Tate grumbled about following me to the party or something like that. I just let his words roll off my shoulders. I knew Luce wouldn't let him go to the party with me, even if his life depended on it.

        "All I'm saying is that letting her go to this stupid party is a bad idea." He spoke loudly enough for us to clearly hear him and Luce rolled her eyes.

        "I'm happy she's socializing for once Tate, as should you." He let out one gigantic sigh before falling silent once again, despite my huff of annoyance. Why does everyone keeping saying that?

        "Thank God." Luce muttered and I giggled at the annoyance in her voice.

        It took three more stores before we finally gave up and drove to Party City a block away. I was staring at their picture wall, that was covered in photos of different costumes, when Luce suddenly popped out of nowhere with two different costumes in her hands.

        "Tinker Bell, and the Mad Hatter?" I rose my eyebrows at her but she just rolled her eyes.

        "It's a sexy Mad Hatter Rose, seriously." She sighed and thrust the costumes into my hands as heat burned its way into a blush on my cheeks.