That's Called Sexual Tension, Your Highness

Meanwhile Lance peeked from the door, hesitantly opening it and walking to let down the bucket in the kitchen. Okay, something had clearly happened and he'd missed it. 

"Is... everything ok?" He raised a concerned eyebrow, his eyes switching from his mother to Keith. Rosa just threw a smile to the prince, as if telling him to reply.

Keith chuckled, wiping his tears away with one sweep. Lance looked so very cute when he didn't know what was going on. "Everything is fine," he said sincerely, looking from Lance to Rosa and back. He pulled the blanket off his back and folded it carefully, standing up to drape it over the couch. 

"Everything is.. good. We were just talking about some difficult subjects, but it really helped me," he said, addressing his words to Rosa as a sign of gratitude. She had not only made him realise he deserved better than how his father treated him, but had also physically comforted him ánd helped him work through a major cause of guilt, by forgiving him for his family's sins. 

Keith turned back to Lance, a careful smile on his face. He stopped right in front of his boyfriend and gently took his hand, thereby apologising for letting it go earlier. Besides, he wanted to show Rosa that he wasn't a cold person with Lance, that he enjoyed little acts of love. 

He looked up into his boyfriend's eyes, wondering whether he should tell him everything, or keep it a secret. One look at that deep blue convinced him.  He knew Lance would understand from a few words that Rosa had given her blessing.

"You can kiss me again, Loverboy," he breathed, quietly enough that Rosa wouldn't hear them. He still wasn't sure how open Lance wanted to be about the whole intimacy thing between them, but he himself wasn't used to touching in public at all, so holding hands before Lance's mother was a pretty big step. Kissing would go too far, right? Rosa might judge them for that. No, holding hands was as far as they should go in public. In private, though, Lance could give him all the kisses he so desired. Maybe even more... 

A soft blush dawned on his face as he considered the possibility. He could invite Lance to his tower tonight - not like he ever slept at home these days, but he'd make it explicit enough for Lance to understand his meaning. They could at least.. cuddle. Maybe. If Lance wanted to. Okay, not the right time to think about things like that, not with Lance's mother in the same room. That's inappropriate, Keith. He averted his eyes, because Lance's pretty face was doing nothing to distract him from the thought of tonight.

That sentence alone was enough to wipe all the hunter's previous worries away, replacing them with joy and excitement. "Yes! That's great!!" he exclaimed happily, picking his prince up and spinning with him as he laughed with content. They had his ma's approval! Well, that had been quite fast. He'd expected it to take some more time so he could keep teasing Keith with his kissing denial, but oh well. This were wonderful news. They were truly official now! 

He let the prince down, still chuckling with him in his arms. His mother approved of his lover, of them being together. He leaned his forehead against Keith's, looking at him dearly. "Of course. Who could say no to that face," he chuckled. Keith had looked... Different, when he came in. Good different. Like he'd let go of a weight that held him down; He seemed happier. Whatever his mother had done it had helped him. 

He glanced at her, giving her a grateful smile, then at the food being served. Cod with cream! Could this day possibly get any better? "You cooked cod with my mom? Aww." He smiled at the boy in his arms. 

Speak of character development. Wait, was he... blushing? He'd barely noticed with all that spinning. Sure, Keith blushed a lot - which Lance found irresistibly cute - but he'd seemed... ashamed, for a brief moment. Lance raised an eyebrow at him. He'd known him long enough to know that look. Where had his little naughty mind sent him to?