Chapter Sixty-Seven

The two sisters sat alone as they talked in hushed voices. Andromeda stared at her youngest sister, her face full of worry and sadness. She had always tried to protect Cassiopeia but now it was Cassiopeia protecting her.

"You have to go into hiding, Drom," Cassiopeia told her, "You have to protect yourself, Ted and Dora."

Andromeda shook her head, "Only if you come with us."

"You know I can't," Cassiopeia replied, "I have to fight, Drom. I need you to be safe though. You are a Black sister, they will come after you. You know Bellatrix would love to get her revenge on us."

"You are my baby sister though."

"I'm not a child anymore, Andromeda. I can look after myself. You need to worry about your family now."

Andromeda wiped a tear away, "Why can we never escape the Black family? I thought I had but I haven't. I don't know if we ever will."

"We will. When we win this war we won't have to worry about them ever again."

"I hate them," Andromeda told her, "Our family are monsters."

Cassiopeia sighed, "I don't know why I ever wanted them to be proud of me. I wanted to be one of them. I wanted them to love me."

"You were a child, Cassiopeia. You wanted our parents to love you because they were supposed to love us."

"But they didn't."

"We weren't their children to them, we were means to increase their power."

The sister's stared at each other, "I wish we weren't their children."

"We won't make the same mistakes they have, Cassie. We will be better than them."

Cassiopeia grasped her sister's hand, "Be careful, Drom."

"I should be the one saying that. You are the one risking your life. Cassiopeia please don't underestimate the Dark Lord and his followers. Think. Be cunning. Be one of them. There was a reason you were sorted into Slytherin."

"I love you."

Tears fell down Andromeda's face, "I love you too. Please don't let this be the last time I see you."