Chapter Seventy-Seven

"James!" Cassiopeia managed to shout out as she watched the water fall onto the floor and pain shot through her body, "JAMES!"

Within a second of her shouting, James was by her side, "Cass?" His eyes widened as he realised her waters had broken, "Shit, umm, what do I do?"

"Get me to the hospital," Cassiopeia winced, "We have to go now."

As soon as the couple apparated into St. Mungos, nurses surrounded Cassiopeia and helped guide her to a vacant hospital room, "You are going to be alright, Mrs Potter. Just keep breathing deeply."

"It hurts so badly," Cassiopeia complained, "James, where are you?"

"I'm here, Cass," James wrapped his arm around her as he helped her get onto the bed, "I'm right here."

Cassiopeia clung onto his hand as she stared up at the bright light above them, "I don't feel very well," she whispered, "I'm so tired."

"You're going to be okay, Cass. You can do this," James reassured her. 

A midwife entered the room, "Mr and Mrs Potter, hello, let's see how far along you are with your labour."

Cassiopeia bit down on her lip causing it to bleed as she tried to hold back a scream, "James, don't leave me."

The midwife looked up concerned as she spoke to the nurse beside her, "What is it?" James asked with worry.

"Mrs Potter, I'm afraid the baby is coming out feet first which is going to make his birth a little more complicated. But you are going to help me, aren't you?"

Cassiopeia's hair stuck to her sweaty face as she nodded, "Yes, okay."

James froze in horror as he stared down at the nurse and midwife, "Is the baby going to be okay?"

"We don't know, Mr Potter. There is nothing right now to say it won't be. There are plenty of babies born in the breech position so try not to worry too much. We're going to help your wife as much as we can."

James nodded as he pushed back Cassiopeia's hair, "Come on, Cass. I know you can do this."

Cassiopeia's head dropped back after she pushed, "I feel really tired. James, I'm so tired."

The nurse rushed over to her, "She's losing consciousness. We need to get her into surgery."

James stepped back as he watched Cassiopeia's eyes close and nurses surround her, "Sir, please can you go to the waiting room. We will keep you informed of everything that's happening."

He hesitated before leaving the room and was relieved to see his two best friends. Remus and Sirius stoop up immediately and stared at him in anticipation, "The baby is the wrong way round so it is a complicated birth and Cass she uh - she's lost consciousness. I don't know what's going on."

Remus patted his back, "Everything is going to be okay, prongs."

"I could lose both of them today."

Sirius shook his head, "We have to remain positive. She's in the best place. The doctors will look after her."

"I just wish I could be in there supporting her."

"Cassiopeia is stronger than all of us, she'll be okay," Sirius reassured him.

Her eyes flitted open and Cassiopeia realised she was being held still, "She's awake!"

Suddenly a nurse was stood over her and was smiling gently, "It's okay, Mrs Potter. You're in surgery. Your baby is okay. Just continue looking at me."

Cassiopeia could feel her nerves rise as she realised she wasn't in charge of her own labour, "Where's James?"

"Mr Potter is outside, he's not allowed in here."

The room became silent as the doctor carefully cut the cord and began to check the baby over. Cassiopeia stared up at the nurse, "What's happening? Is everything okay?"

"Your baby has been born. The doctor is just checking them over."

Cassiopeia frowned, "Why isn't it crying?"

"It was a hard birth, Mrs Potter, the baby's just had a shock."

Suddenly, the room was filled up with the sound of her baby's cries as the nurse smiled down at her, "Your son just needed some encouragement. The doctor needs to do a few more checks and then you'll be able to hold him."

"Can you please get James?"

"Of course, Mrs Potter."

When James walked in he smiled at his wife before kissing her forehead, "I was so bloody worried, Cass. I'm so proud of you."

She smiled weakly, "We have a son, James."

"Yes, we do."

The doctor turned around so the parents caught sight of their son wrapped up in a pale blanket, "Everything seems to be okay. We'll keep the two of you in overnight to make sure there are no further complications."

"Thank you," Cassiopeia smiled graciously at the doctor, "Thank you so much."

James stared down lovingly at their son, "Our beautiful baby boy."

"What should we name him?" Cassiopeia whispered.

"Harry."

Cassiopeia smiled, "Harry Alphard Potter."