Chapter Eighty-One

Three lonesome figures engulfed in dark clothing stood in the middle of the Potter's front room. Bellatrix's hair was frizzier than Cassiopeia remembered and she had aged terribly. The woman in front of her was merely a stranger. Cassiopeia could see nothing of her older sister in the monster before her. Rodolphus was silent, just like he had always been, as he glanced around the room in disgust. Rabastan watched Cassiopeia carefully, intrigued with what had happened to the girl he had once intended to marry. The man was gaunt and ill-looking and was nothing like the attractive boy he had been in his youth. 

Cassiopeia remained standing in the doorway, her eyebrow arched, as she contemplated what she should do. James was out with Sirius and wasn't expected home for at least an hour so she was alone. Alone with her son and three of the strongest death eaters. 

Bellatrix looked her up and down before spitting out, "It has been so long, Cassiopeia."

"If I am being completely honest, I hoped it would be longer," Cassiopeia replied, "I was looking forward to attending your trial."

"My trial?" Bellatrix menacingly laughed, "I am not going to have a trial. And you certainly won't be attending it."

Cassiopeia glared at the woman, "Because you are going to kill me?"

"You always were a clever witch," Bellatrix waved her wand around, "Shame you weren't clever enough to pick the right side."

"My leader hasn't disappeared," Cassiopeia quipped, "I haven't lost the war."

Bellatrix suddenly screamed, "You betrayed our family."

"And I would betray you all again."

"You are weak. You always were. I should have killed you when you were a child."

Cassiopeia sarcastically laughed, "So weak I defeated you as a child. You would never have been able to kill me, Bellatrix."

"I can."

"You have lost your beloved leader Bella, why are you here? Here to lose to me again? Ready to lose to your younger blood-traitor sister?"

Bellatrix glared deeply at her and was about to speak when the sound of crying began. The loitering brothers suddenly became interested and Cassiopeia knew she had to act to stop them from hurting her son. 

"Stupefy," She yelled out at Roldolphus - the man fell back onto the floor. 

"Expelliarmus," Rabastan shouted but she quickly managed to deflect it. 

"Petrificus Totalus," She retorted, "I really thought you would have learned from the first time."

Bellatrix laughed before shouting, "Stupefy."

Cassiopeia deflected the charm as she replied with, "Tarantallegra."

Bellatrix began to dance as she glanced angrily down at her legs, "Stop it, make it stop."

"Expelliarmus," Cassiopeia whispered as she easily caught her sister's wand, "We really must stop doing this sister. Petrificus Totalus."

Rodolphus began to move slightly causing Cassiopea to curse him again. She then took the wands of the two brothers and used magic to tie them up so they would be defenceless against her. They would not be able to escape. They had come into her home with the intention of murdering her family. She would not let them get away with it. 

"I'm telling you prongs that girl likes you!" James's voice echoed through the hallway as the front door slammed shut, "You should ask her out - I'm surprised it has taken you so long to even speak to her."

Sirius laughed, "Well this one is different, she's -" He stopped abruptly as he caught sight of the three death eaters unable to move as they were tied up in the middle of the room, "Bellatrix?"

James's mouth fell wide open as he saw three of the most powerful death eaters. He scratched his head awkwardly before clearing his throat, "What in merlin's beard is this?"

Cassiopeia innocently walked out of the kitchen, holding Harry, a small smile appearing on her face. The two men turned to stare at her in shock. "My darling sister decided to make a detour on her way to Azkaban. Isn't it sweet she wanted to see me? The Ministry are on their way to show them the way to Azkaban. Where they are going to be very safe."

She then looked into the living room and smiled deviously at her sister who struggled against the chains Cassiopeia had charmed around her. 

"How? What? How?" James managed to utter.

"Bellatrix just wanted a rematch before she's locked up forever - isn't that right sister?" She called over to the madwoman, "Turns out I have always been the strongest witch. Who would have guessed."

"How aren't you freaking out right now?"

"Why would I freak out? I defeated them," She smiled down at their son, "Again."