Chapter Eighty-Two

Cassiopeia Black had forgotten how busy Diagon Alley became on the lead up to the new year at Hogwarts. Usually, she had chosen to go when it was quiet - there would only be a small stream of witches and wizards - but this year she had been forced to go at the busiest time so there was hardly any room to even breathe.

James and Cassiopeia's eldest son, Harry, was about to enter his first year of Hogwarts so the family had gone to Diagon Alley to buy him everything he needed. "What happens if I'm sorted into Slytherin?" Cassiopeia overheard Harry ask his father.

"Harry Alphard Potter, I will remind you what house your mother was in!" Cassiopeia raised her voice at her son, angry that James had instilled the belief that Slytherin was bad.

"Nothing wrong with Slytherin, son," James told him but from the corner of her eye she saw him lean closer and whisper, "Gryffindor is better though!"

Cassiopeia hit the back of his head causing James to turn around and smile lovingly at his wife, "Stop it, Potter."

"Don't worry mother," Their daughter, Euphemia, told her, "I would be happy to be a Slytherin!"

Cassiopeia smiled, "And Slytherin would be very lucky to have you, Effie."

"Dad look, it's the latest broom! The Nimbus 2000," Harry exclaimed loudly causing both father and son to run over to the Quidditch shop. 

Effie sighed as she held onto her mother's hand, "I am going to miss having Harry at home."

"I always missed my sisters when they went to Hogwarts," Cassiopeia confessed, "I always longed to go with them."

"Do you think he'll miss me?"

"Of course he will, darling," Cassiopeia reassured her daughter, "You are his little sister."

"Only two more years until I'll be going to Hogwarts," Effie said longingly, "I wish it was sooner."

Cassiopeia smiled, "A little while before I lose you too!"

Her daughter laughed, "You won't ever lose me, mother."

James and Harry rejoined the two as they made their way over to the bookshop, "Who are they?" Harry asked curiously as he watched a large ginger family.

Cassiopeia felt James move beside her so he could hold her hand, "That must be the Weasleys'."

"Did you go to Hogwarts with them?"

James answered quickly, "No, but we went to Hogwarts with the mother's younger twin brothers."

"Where are they?" Harry glanced up at his parents.

Cassiopeia grimaced as she ran her hand through her son's hair, "They were killed by an evil man. Come on, stop staring, it's rude - we've got to get all those books you need for first year!"

"Right, my treat let's go to the joke shop!" James announced to the children as they finished shopping for the essentials, "Last one there smells."

James then darted through the crowds, with both his children running after him, giggling loudly as they tried to avoid bumping into people. Cassiopeia held onto the bag with all of Harry's purchases and smiled widely at her wild little family. 

As she slowly began to walk after them, weaving through the crowd, she carelessly glanced over her shoulder and caught sight of the familiar white hair. A gasp escaped her lips as she froze in the middle of the busy crowd - not caring about getting in the way of anyone. Narcissa Malfoy strutted towards the book shop with her proud husband and small, equally proud looking son. Although Lucius Malfoy had narrowly avoided being sent to Azkaban, the man was still haughty as he believed himself superior to all those around him. The boy clearly took after Lucius and Cassiopeia hoped that Hogwarts would change him for the better. It had been a lifetime ago since Cassiopeia had last seen her sister. The only one she hadn't seen since abandoning her family. 

Narcissa suddenly stopped as she caught a glimpse of a woman who looked remarkably similar to the girl she had grown up with. Cassiopeia looked older but as beautiful as the day she left. Narcissa wanted to cry at the sight of her sister safe and clearly happy. 

The two continued to stare at each other with neither moving an inch. Cassiopeia wanted nothing more than to run over to her, for the two to talk about what they had done in the years since she left. Narcissa too wanted to be reunited with the woman she had worried about constantly for all the years since Cassiopeia left. But they couldn't. The tall, white-haired man, who had walked slightly away from his wife, was a barrier for the sisters. Lucius Malfoy would always be a death eater at heart and would never allow the two to reunite. 

Instead, the sisters smiled at each other, both knowing their smiles said more than they ever could. For even though they hadn't spoken in years, they still deeply loved one and other and would forever remain loyal. 

Cassiopeia then joined her family inside the joke shop where the three were discussing potential pranks they could do on Sirius, Remus and Lily. 

"Leave Lily out of it, she has only ever be nice to you!" Cassiopeia told her children, "Uncle Sirius, however, you can prank him as much as you want to!"

James grinned at her as she moved closer, bringing him closer so she could kiss him, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Ew, mum and dad are being all romantic again!" Effie complained as their children pretended to be disgusted.

"Oi, stop complaining or I won't buy you anything!" James told the two, "I've also got something for you, Harry. Something that will prove valuable for your time at Hogwarts."

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes, "Already turning him into a little prankster like you. Most parents want their children to perform well academically but no, you want him to be the perfect prankster. Just like you were."

"I am perfect, Cass."

The family of four laughed together as Cassiopeia grinned to herself. She thought back to when she had first met up with James in the Astronomy Tower. Back then she had never realised how important he would be for her happiness. 

Now, Cassiopeia Potter was unconditionally happy.

The light had won.

James Potter had succeeded in helping Cassiopeia Black save herself.