33

a/n: wowowow 61k reads!!! can't wait to hit a 100,000 reads:). don't forget to read my other book "new kid"

y/n pov:

i still was looking for mattia but i didn't see him surprisingly. i even asked kai if he could text him and ask where he was at.

kai pov:

since y/n asked me where mattia was it was an excuse to text him because i wondering too.

kai:
wya

tia:
therapy

kai:
i thought that was only on friday'a

tia:
changed it to monday's

kai:
oh what about tryouts

tia:
not gonna play this year

kai:
what

tia:
yeah kinda over it

kai:
oh

i was shocked at what he said. he's over it? we been playing for a while and now he's just oVeR iT. it didn't seem right to me. so i was gonna be bothered the whole tryouts now. i just told y/n he was at a dentist appointment since i was the only one who knew about his therapy.

we started warming up, the girls and boys were mixed just because it was tryouts but once everyone got on teams it was about to be boys and girls only. i just tried shrugging it off the whole mattia thing but i was so annoyed and tired. i think it's the pill or i don't even know anymore it's like i can't remember how i was before this.

y/n pov:

a hour in and i was exhausted i wanted to just go home and sleep. we only had 20 minutes left so i still had to try and impress the coaches. mattia never showed up meaning he won't even be on the team.

so why did he practice with me and my brother at the park.

why did him and the boys bring it up so much just for him not too come. i'm sure his parents knew about the tryouts too so they purposely made him miss it. ugh.

i was jogging towards kairi and i got bumped into so hard i fell to the grass. i looked up and it was,

kairi pov:

millie.

it was that whore.

i ran to y/n to go help her up. i heard footsteps coming towards us and when i turned it was ale.

a: yo what happened?
y/n: nothing
i hesitated at first but then i spoke up and said
k: this bitch knocked her down
m: what?
k: yeah i fucking saw it
a: you shoved my sister?
m: your sister?
k: hm
m: i didn't shove her but wow you two look nothing alike
a: why would kai lie, why did you shove her for no reason
m: i didn't shove her! kai is the liar! he's hysterical
k: what
m: yeah he's the one with adhd

right when she said that my heart broke. i went into complete shock when i heard her say that. i zoned out again and y/n held my shoulder.

y/n: kai, hello
k: uh huh?
y/n: you zoned out
m: duh people with adhd do that
a: oh you have adhd?

i felt tears filling in my eyes. i didn't know what to say. i ran off leaving the tryouts early. i ran the whole way off the field running into my car and immediately starting it. while i drove off i could see ale and y/n in my rear view mirror. i just drove with tears rolling down my cheeks. devastated that my friends found out about my biggest insecurity. it wasn't even me who got to tell them too. my biggest question was how did she know.

my phone blew up a little.

ale:

4:10 pm
hey bro you good?

4:24 pm
kai you can talk to me man

y/n:

4:05 pm
kai is that true🥺

4:10 pm
you looked sad :( i'm here for you

4:40 pm
text me when you're feeling better 💖

i didn't even wanna answer the text messages.
i got home and plopped on my bed.
crying so hard.
i got another text but i didn't bother to look at it my heart shattered.

my dad already thinks something is wrong with me.
i didn't want my friends too see me like that either.
i just felt so sad that it happened.
i couldn't even deny it because i was so shocked she exposed me.
i had no words at the time, they weren't coming out my mouth.
i ran off and panicked.

alejandro pov:

i didn't know what just happened. with the whole millie, kai & y/n thing. i was legit so confused. i drove y/n home. she just wanted too talk to him, i mean i did too. since there so close she just wanted to know if he was okay.

if he does have adhd then it's whatever i just didn't know. i don't know if he didn't want us to know or what but we're his friends. he shouldn't be afraid to tell us you know? me and y/n got home. i took. a quick shower and changed into nice clothes so that me and melanie could hangout.

after changing and got into my car to pick melanie up. before picking her up i texted kai one more time hoping for a respond.

"ft me tonight. here for you."

i drove off to melanies and went to her door.
her dad opened it.

m dad: so what's the occasion
a: oh it's actually my birthday
m dad: well happy birthday
a: thank you sir
m dad: oh don't make me feel old you can call me Mr Martinez
a: alright well Mr Martinez me and melanie were going to the bowling alley place and i'll drop her back off at 7:30.
( it's 5:30 rn)
m dad: alright that sounds good. be safe you two.
a: of course.

i opened the door for her and she got in the car. i went in my seat and drove to the place. we got our bowling shoes on and when we went to our station i saw a familiar face.

it was
him.