c h a p t e r. 50

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
― Elbert Hubbard

This is the last chapter.
And.
I'm.
Going.
To.
Cry.
(But lowkey also proud of myself??)

chapter 50

The couple was at their usual cafe and drinking milkshakes together, simply enjoying the other's company and the warm summer day.

"You're i-in love with me, right Oly?" Clementine asks, minty eyes starting up at him innocently.

She boops Bar on the nose slightly with her finger before pecking his lips, leaning into his side more from her position in the booth.

Taking a small sip of his oreo milkshake, Bar gives her a kiss as well before shrugging, "A bit."

"A b-bit?"

Clementine giggled a second after she said that, probably due to the fact that she knew 'a bit' was a large ass understatement and complete bullshit.

"Mhm, a bit too much."

The little goddess smiles happily at Bar, kissing his cheek before returning to her peanut butter and chocolate milkshake, humming as she did so.

He chuckles and shakes his head at how cute the little goddess is-- still, after all this time, finding it unfair to the rest of the world-- before grabbing his phone after it dings.

Bar smirks and quickly types a text back, mischief in his eyes and it makes Clementine raise an eyebrow and wearily glances down at his phone.

"Oly, what are you doing?"

"Sending dirty pickup lines to Gus to use them on Fen."

"What?" The little goddess frowns. "Why?"

"Because it pisses her off."

And because Bar liked how he was able to see Gus be himself around Fen now without the worry of judgment-- and the real Gus came hand in hand with dirty jokes.

"Stop doing that, she's going to find out it was you," Clementine said, a small tone of panic to her voice that made Bar grin. "And then she's going to strangle you."

"I wouldn't mind," Bar shrugs. "As long as it was you and not her and us in a bed."

The young goddess sighs, "Of course you t-turned that into something dirty."

Bar laughs, "You know me so well, baby."

"I'd say unfortunately b-but I don't want to get spanked again," Clementine said, a tint to her cheeks and a small pout.

"Yes you do," Bar smirks down at her, making the little goddess flush harder. "That's why you usually be a brat and give me attitude-- because you know I'll punish you. And you like my punishments."

"Whatever," Clementine sticks her tongue out at him, making him roll his eyes.

"See," Bar grabs her chin with his thumb and pointer finger, capturing it only to drag her face up slightly so he could kiss her. "Attitude."

The little goddess giggles, pecking him on the lips again before biting her bottom one and them returning to her milkshake.

"So, babygirl." Bar leans back in the booth, arms going over the edge and behind Clementine's shoulder. Her minty eyes look up at him expectantly, curiosity burning inside the beautiful orbs. "What do you want to do today?"