38 • First Kiss

.
.

Flashbacks Continued-

Naira was sitting beside him unwillingly. On the other side, her continuous ignorance was hurting him. He couldn't bear her ignorance towards him.

So he just grabbed her one hand under the table making her shocked by his sudden action.

Even though she was shocked but didn't even react considering their family was there. She didn't even look at him for once. She was trying to get rid from his tight hold. Kartik saw her attempt to get free from his hold, so he just tightened his grip around her wrist.

N "Kartik, please leave my hand." She finally said something, only audible to him.

K "No."

N "Kartik!" She looked at him, to make him realize there were others around them.

K "We need to talk." He said.

N "Kartik, yeh koi jagah nahi hai. Please, behave."

K "Okay then. Yaha nahi toh kahi aur hi sahi."

N "Mujhe nahi karni tumse baat. So please."

K "Fine! Phir main nahi chod raha tumhara haath. Aise hi karo breakfast." He said with a straight face and put the snack into his mouth.

N "Kartik!" She said in a loud voice unknowingly as everyone looked at her.

"Kartik, woh bowl pass karna, please." She said to cover up while he laughed at her.

K "Here is it Ma'am! Kuch aur chahiye tumhe?" He asked mischievously.

N "No thanks." She said with a fake smile.

After sometime she noticed everyone were busy eating. And she glared at him for the last time.

N "Kartik, please leave my hand now. Koi dekh lega." Poor girl! Yes he was still holding her hand.

K "Okay, but you have to promise me."

N "I can't."

K "Tum mujhse baat karogi. That's it. I will be waiting for you." He whispered near her ear before going to his room.

She was in a dilemma. His behavior was giving her strong vibes that he loves her. Being a sensitive girl, the thought of love just shook her off. She was feeling nervous and scared at the same time.

N "Main nahi jaungi kahi. He can't force me. But usse kya kehna hoga mujhe. Kahi main jo soch rahi hoon woh toh nahi." She started to pace here and there, playing with her fingers.

After a few minutes, she decided to lock the door. He might come anytime. With that thought, she was going to lock the door but he made his entry at the right time.

N "Tum?"

He didn't respond. Locking the door he took slow steps towards her with a naughty smirk. She was more than nervous, backing off every second he was coming close.

N "Kartik, Tum..yaha?" She was pinned against the wall, caged in his arms.

K "Tum nahi aayi toh maine socha main hi aajata hoon." He answered huskily, caressing her hairs lovingly. He was so loving his effect on her.

N "Kartik, yeh..kya...kar rahe..ho.. please!"

K "shh! Kuch mat kaho."

N "Kartik, dekho..Main.."

K "Pehle meri baat suno. Kal hum..I mean main woh actually.." He was not able to say that. And Naira knew it but didn't want to hear it as she would feel embarrassed.