16 | So you know how I feel

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

On Sunday morning, Hoseok apologized to Y/n for his behavior during their last date. She could tell he wasn't proud of himself, so she had no choice but to accept his apologies. Thanks to the days she spent ignoring him, the girl managed to comprehend the true nature of her feelings. All this time, she thought she was in love with Hoseok. Truth was, she got so ahead of herself that she had mistaken attraction for love. The more she got to know him, the less she believed in them. 

Sure, Hoseok was kind, sweet, smart, and generous; but he lacked spontaneity and broad-mindedness. As a result, Y/n couldn't refrain herself from comparing Hoseok to someone who had those qualities. And that someone happened to be Jungkook.

Therefore, Y/n became extremely self-conscious when Jungkook sent her a good luck text. It got even worse when they accidentally met in the hallways four days later. The dark rings around her eyes gave away a lack of sleep, making it hard for the boy not to worry.

"I was thinking of eating outside tonight to take my mind off the exams. Wanna come?"

Y/n's first reaction was to gape at Jungkook. The next second, she felt butterflies in her stomach while her heart kept pounding faster and faster.

"Earth to Y/n!"

Needless to say, she was embarrassed. Because she was taken aback by her own feelings, she ran away leaving the confused guy behind.

When the tests' week came to an end, she couldn't find anything to distract herself from thinking about Jungkook. Even if she was scared to confront him, she caught herself walking around just to find him because she wanted to see him. She was aware that someday, she would have no choice but to face him. The more she waited, the more Jungkook got fed up. At some point, he decided to take matters into his hands.

Which leads us to Thursday afternoon. Y/n was packing her bags after she received a call from her father, stating that he had bought tickets for her to go home for a week and spend some time with her family. Suddenly, she heard a few knocks on her door. She quickly opened, curious to know who it was considering her friends had all returned home. Imagine her surprise when she discovered Jungkook in the flesh, standing still with an angry look on his face.

Y/n gulped, extremely apprehensive. She had two possibilities: either put on an innocent act or come clean and avoid making things worse. But of course, she was a coward.

"Oh Jungkook! I wasn't expecting you. You could've called beforehand."

Obviously upset, he was shooting daggers at her. "I called at least fifteen times."

"I almost forgot! I lost my phone." She pouted, trying to seem genuine.

But he wouldn't buy it. "Really?" he glanced at something behind her, then he frowned. "What's that thing sitting on your bed?"