One

TW: mention of death and cancer

Please be kind as this is something people might have experienced before. Losing a family member, and or loved one is hurtful. Please do not post any negative or hateful comments as I don't want anyone to feel bad or feel like they shouldn't feel so sad about it.

Please, be kind.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Y/N

I slowly walk through the halls of the college building. So many students passed by, all knowing where their classroom is, unlike me, I was lost. On the first day of school. What a great way to start, right?

''I don't think she knows where her classroom is, look at her face, she looks confused.'' A girl behind me quietly says.

''Who gives a shit, the subject names are literally written on the doors. I hope she can read, or she's just plain dumb.''

''Jesus Kurumi, be nice, you don't even know her.''

''Yeah, grey hair, be nice.'' A boy shouts while walking past them.

I sensed anxiety creeping up inside my body. People were already being mean and I don't even know them nor do they know me.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, turned around and met a short girls gaze. She had auburn coloured hair and beautiful emerald green eyes that were slightly covered by her bangs.

''I'm sorry,'' she spoke, giving me a slight smile ''You look lost, do you not know where your class is? Let me see your schedule.''

I gave her the crumpled paper and began biting on my nails again, not saying a word to her.

''I don't think she can speak'' the girl behind her says. She has silver hair and purple eyes, her pale skin getting covered with a slight blush when she notices I heard what she said.

''I'm sorry,'' I whisper and the girl with the brown hair looks up and gives me a reassuring smile.

''It's okay, don't listen to her. Anyway, we are in the same class, my name is Kaguya! We have history right now, you can walk with us. Also, prepare yourself, if you think my friend Kurumi is mean, beware yourself for the meanest teacher ever! Mr Ackerman has absolutely no mercy.''

That's just great.

''Yup,'' Kurumi says as she steps forward, next to Kaguya ''Last year he made one of his students cry and he didn't even try to comfort them nor did he apologise. He just didn't care at all! it was kind of funny though.''