Chapter 10 "Vaatu"

I let out a sigh as I climbed onto Oogi and set beside Bumi. We took off and I shook my head as we followed the spirits. Soon a blue one came up to Bumi and cuddled into his side. Bumi picked it up and smiled as he looked him over.

"Oh, you are just so cute. I'm going to name you Bum-Ju. It's short for "Bumi Junior". Don't you think he looks like me?" Bumi asked as he held the bunny up.

"The resemblance is uncanny." Tenzin said not looking behind him.

"I think Dad's mad at me." Jinora whispered.

"Your father's not mad. His pride's just a little bruised since he isn't able to see spirits like you." Kya said softly.

"You have a natural gift. That's pretty lucky." Korra said with a smile.

"You're the lucky one. You actually got to meet the first Avatar. I know about a lot of Avatars, but I don't know anything about him. Is it even a him? Or is it her?" Jinora asked as she looked at her.

"It's a him, Avatar Wan. He was amazing. I saw how he became the first Avatar by fusing with Raava, the Spirit of Light."

"The Avatar is part spirit? Of course! Just like the statue." Jinora exclaimed.

"What statue?" Kya asked with a frown.

"When we were at the Southern Air Temple, I was drawn to this old carving. I couldn't figure out what it was until now. It was the first Avatar."Jinora explained.

"When did this happen?" I asked as I looked at Jinora.

"It was on the solstice." She explained.

"That's the day I opened the Southern portal." Korra said softly.

"We're here!" Bumi yelled as we landed.

"Are you sure these spirits are leading us into the right place?" Tenzin asked as we climbed off the bison.

"Of course! I trust Bum-Ju with my life." Bumi exclaimed.

"Look. There are carvings on them." Korra said as we looked around.

"This is an ancient airbender meditation circle." Tenzin said softly.

"There's a lot of spiritual energy in this place, but it feels really strange." Jinora said softly.

"We'll have to perform a spiritual cleansing ceremony." Tenzin said calmly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Dad taught it to me. This site has been neglected for many years. A cleansing ceremony will help strengthen its connections to the Spirit World." Tenzin explained.

I looked around while Tenzin did his ritual. I frowned when I heard a voice.

"I'll be back, I'm going to go look around." I said before walking toward it.

I walked down a path and frowned when I saw a statue.

"This must be Vaatu." I said as I looked at the statue.

I touched it and felt a shock. I moved back and looked at it with wide eyes. I moved towards it again and gently touched it. A light over took me and I closed my eyes. When I opened them I was in a green meadow. I looked around and froze as I saw a tree behind me, inside was a spirit.

"Who are you?" It asked looking at me.

"Akari." I said softly.

"Akari... I have heard that name." It said as it looked me over.

"Are you Vaatu?" I asked as I walked up to him.

"Yes... you're an airbender." It said as it looked me over.

"How did you-"

"I know everything." It said calmly.

"Why do you want to hurt Raava? Why can't you both work together to bring peace?" I asked softly.

"I don't want peace."

"Why? Why do you want darkness?"

"It is all I have known."

"There has to be more.... you can't only want darkness." I said as I looked up at it.

I looked around and let out a sigh.

"How have you heard my name before?" I asked softly.

"A prophecy."

"What prophecy?" I asked with a frown.

"A bringer of light will come to destroy the darkness. It will seep in through the cracks and brighten the world. But it must first go through the friend or the foe... a name only one can choice."

"That still doesn't explain how you know my name." I said angrily.

"Your name is the name of the friend or foe... only you can choice which you are."

"A friend or a foe to who?"

"The avatar."

"I'm a friend! I won't ever be her enemy!" I snapped.

"And what will she do when she learns the prophecy?"

"I won't fight her for you."

"You don't have a choice." It said before it disappeared.

Everything shifted and I closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes again I was back in front of the statue. I shook my head and looked up at the statue.

"I won't hurt her... no matter what you say. I won't hurt Korra." I whispered.

"Now we both know that to be a lie." A voice said.

I turned around and let out a gasp as I saw Amon sitting on the statue.

"Hello love. Miss me?"

"Not really." I said as I glared at him.

"You know he is right, you will hurt her. Just like you did when you helped me."

"I helped you to protect my family!" I snapped.

"Family? Really because your so called family has been lying about... everything." He said with a laugh.

I looked away and he sent me a small smile.

"Listen, my little airbender. I want what is best for you-"

"No... you want to control me! To manipulate me! Well guess what! I'm done with you! I'm done blaming myself for what you made me do!" I yelled as I glared at him.

He went to say something but disappeared. I let out a sigh of relief and shook my head.

"It wasn't my fault." I whispered over and over again.