Heart Ties

~You can hold me down if you'd like to. I don't really mind 'cause I love you~ Boy In Space.

Chapter Theme Song: '7UP' by Boy In Space.

A/N: Swipe left for the song audio :)

°°

Alex

"Alex, why'd you pull me away?" Riley crosses her arms, her small lips slightly forming a pout. I smile inwardly at how cute she looks, attempting to size up to my towering 6 ft height.

"Because you may not have noticed, but they were about to confess to each other, I felt it coming."

She twists her lips contemplatively, shifting her eyeballs to the side. Then as if she has just gotten a divine discovery she opens her eyes slightly wide, snapping her fingers. "Oh, yeah, you're right. Why did I not notice that? I almost ruined it, damn."

I smile. This girl is something else.

One of the reasons I like Riley so much is because she has no idea when she is being adorable. Unlike all the other girls I have dated in the past, Riley is effortlessly attractive; without her even knowing it. There is just something sexy about her oblivion, and the way she acts like a rebel with just a height of 5′4 tends to make me smile in both amusement and amazement.

My eyes drift behind her as we stand in the noisy living room then I jerk my head in the direction, my lips creating a smirk. "See? They're kissing."

She swings her head to where Ansel and Rainey are canoodled on the pavement. The sight shapes a grin on her face as she begins to whirl her head back to me.

"Aww, they are so cute—"

I quickly peck her lips with mine and move away. She is caught off-guard as she stares at me in awe, blushes racing onto her face instantly.

I smirk at her reaction. "What?"

She blinks her eyes and I can tell her breathing has become erratic. "W-why do you keep kissing me like that?"

I chuckle. "Didn't like it?"

She tries to frown but the flushes on her face is an obvious contrast to her failing efforts. "No..."

I take a step forward and she raises her head to look at me.

"Then why are you blushing?" I whisper.

She swallows uneasily then uses a moment to gather her words. "I-I am not...It's just cold in here." She begins to fan herself and I start laughing while she looks at me quizzingly.

"You know Ry, normally when a person is 'cold' they don't fan themselves," I note, a smile dancing on my face.

She realizes her mistake and flops her hand by her side while I titter in amusement, salivating my lips. The taste of her cherry lip balm pleases my senses as I shove my hands in my pockets.

"Your lips taste nice though."

Her throat moves as she sharply swallows. "You're a pervert and I am honestly cold, I'm not bluffing."