- 4 9 - PREFECT CALYPSO

SHE KNOCKED THRICE ON THE DOOR, NOT WANTING A PRANK TO COME FLYING HER WAY IF SHE JUST BARGED IN

SHE KNOCKED THRICE ON THE DOOR, NOT WANTING A PRANK TO COME FLYING HER WAY IF SHE JUST BARGED IN. "Oh, Merlin, Percy. You act like you have to knock--" George started while simultaneously groaning, but he was cut short when he saw the girl, no the woman staring back at him. "O-Oh, hi, L-Lor," he gulped.

"LOR!?" Fred yelled and pushed George out of the way. He seized the girl in a hug that she was not prepared for. Brizo jumped onto Fred's back during the hug, and Fred smiled brightly at the crab. "Hey, Briz! Long time no see!"

Lorelei snickered at the crab loving on Fred as Fred backed away to his bed. Ginny walked over to the girl and gave her a loving hug. "Oh, I love your hair! Could you do mine," she pleaded.

"Of course," Lorelei said and pushed her way into the room. She glanced at George to see him shaking the shock out of his head before a smirk graced his face. "Going to hug me or just stand there like a statue, Georgie?" Ginny and Fred looked at each other with matching smirks.

George hugged the girl and gulped again. He hadn't realized how much the girl had grown and how beautiful she became. Of course, she had always been pretty, but he hadn't seen her in almost two months. He pulled away after a moment and smirked at her. "Missed me?"

"I missed Charlie more. How is he?" she said giving him her own smirk as she went to sit behind Ginny to braid her hair.

Fred snickered at George's fallen face, but the twin quickly recovered. "He's fine. He misses you as well. Come here, Brizo." Brizo happily left Fred's hands to go to George who petting the crab kindly.

They talked about Egypt to Lorelei who was braiding Ginny's hair. The twins told her of ideas they had for their products, and Ginny told her about the things she saw in Egypt that she found interesting. After the braid was done, Ginny squealed happily and hugged the mermaid.

"Mum's downstairs, if you wanted to show her," Lorelei suggested making Ginny run out of the room quickly.

"Your mum is here? In Diagon Alley?" Fred questioned with raised eyebrows.

"With the Sirius Black scenario, she doesn't want me alone," Lorelei muttered before standing up. "Let's go tell her hi, you two. She already is favoring Harry more than you. Better step up your game," Lorelei watched their jaws drop at her.

"Harry!?"

"Why Harry!?"

"Why not?" Lorelei teased and held out her hands for both boys to take. They all locked arms as they descended the stairs. Speak of the boy who lived and he shall appear. He was walking in with Ron and Hermione, the latter who held a beautiful cat.

The twins smirked as Percy shook hands with Harry. Harry caught Lorelei's eyes and was trying to hold back a laugh. George sat Brizo on Lorelei's shoulder as the pair walked over to Harry.

"Harry!" Fred elbowed Percy out of the way and bowed low at Harry. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy--"

George pushed Fred aside and grabbed Harry's hand and shook it dramatically. "Marvelous! Absolutely spiffing!"

Percy scowled as Lorelei sniggered behind her hand. Molly told them to cut it out, but Fred only took it as another opportunity and said, "Mum!" he seized her hand as well. "How really corking to see you--"

Molly glared at the twins before hugging Harry. She told him about Percy being the second Head-Boy in the family. Lorelei was quite glad not to be picked as Prefect. She didn't think it would end well with Fred and George being so close to her. She would leave the bossing around and point docking to Percy.

Well, she would, but she spoke too soon.

"Ah, Lorelei! Professor Dumbledore sent you something in my letter. He wanted you to receive it with us, obviously. I completely forgot about it until now!" Percy said digging his hand in his robes. Percy really hadn't forgotten. He wanted to do it in front of the whole family, of course. Especially, the twins. "Here we are."

He walked over and handed her a pin. Fred and George gasped dramatically.

"Oh, no."

"She can't be."

"This is not happening, Freddie."

"Georgie, what are we going to do?"

"We obviously can't be friends with her anymore!"

"Oh, the shame you have brought!"

Lorelei only stared at the pin in surprise. All the years she had made fun of Percy were biting her right in the arse. She hadn't wanted this, and yet it was sitting in her hands.

"What is it, dear?" Amatheia said leaning over to see the large P on the pin.

"SHE'S A PREFECT!?" Molly yelled happily. "Oh, what a lovely year this will be! She can keep Fred and George in line. Oh, I'm so happy for you dear!" Lorelei received congratulations from everyone at the table.

Harry smirked because he knew she was smiling hesitantly. She didn't want it. "Ah, Mummy Lorelei now has a pin to go with her stern warnings," he said teasingly.

Lorelei glared at Harry, allowing her dark eyes to pop in for a second. "Watch it, Harry." Harry only grinned further. She looked up to Percy. "Are you sure? Dumbledore wanted me to have this?"

"Of course," Percy replied sitting down finally. He smirked at the dumbstruck faces of the twins.

Molly frowned at her twins. "I notice they haven't made you two prefects."

"What do we want to be prefects for?" George spluttered glancing with a horrified expression on his face at the pin Lorelei was holding. "It'd take all the fun out of life."

Ginny laughed making Molly yell that they needed to be a better example for Ginny. Percy snorted. "Ginny's got other brothers to set her an example, Mother. I'm going to change for dinner. Congratulations, Lor," Percy said before leaving.

George sighed and nudged Harry. "We tried to shut him in a pyramid. But Mum spotted us."