Chapter 23: Telepathy

I groan as my eyes flutter open. I look around, and I'm in some sort of dungeon. My eyes drift downward so that I can look at myself, and I see that I'm chained to a wooden chair.

It takes a few seconds for the memories of the bathroom at the Italian restaurant with Rowena to sink in.

   I huff in exasperation. This bitch really had the nerve to kidnap me?

   I can pay attention to the anger later. What I have to worry about currently is blowing this joint and getting back to Crowley. He's probably worried sick about me.

   Since my hands are still semi-mobile, I snap my fingers, expecting the binds to wither away as intended.

   But, they don't. They're still wrapped around my wrists and ankles.

   I raise an eyebrow. I scan the binds, looking for a symbol of some sort, but there is none.

   Weird. I wonder what's keeping me here, then. Maybe a spell? There's a spell for damn near everything.

   I then hear the dungeon door open.

   My head whips toward the direction of the noise, and a familiar, skinny form with red hair struts into the room, looking quite proud of herself.

Rowena approaches me, smirking. Again, I can't help but notice the similarities between her smirk and Crowley's.

   Maybe they're related somehow?

   I grit my teeth. "Rowena."

   "Hello, darling," she responds, waggling her fingers.

Hell no. Only Crowley can call me that.

"Don't call me that," I spit angrily. "Why did you kidnap me? You said you'd explain everything later, and now is later."

   "Cutting right to the chase," Rowena muses. She sighs. "Very well. I have kidnapped you because I have been informed that you are in a romantic relationship with Fergus."

   I open my mouth to ask how she knew that, but she cuts me off with, "A witch has her ways." She smiles evilly. "Anyway, the low-life that is my son is no King, so I figured that I could use you in order to steal the throne from him. Then, I would be Hell's new ruler."

   "I refuse to participate in this," I growl out, tugging on my binds futilely. It then hits me what she just said, making my struggling halt. "Wait. Crowley is your son?!"

   Rowena nods, rolling her eyes. "Sadly."

   "Do you and him have beef or something?" I ask. "What's with the disappointment at the fact that he's your offspring?"

"He's gone soft," Rowena answers, sighing dramatically. "Do you know how sad it is to see Hell go to Hell, all because of him? Hell needs more souls, better demons. He doesn't take what Hell needs by any means necessary, like what he should be doing."

"Just out of curiosity, how are you gonna use me to get him to hand over the throne?" I ask, quirking a brow. "I'm not gonna help you regardless; I just wanna know."

"It's quite simple. You're going to be bait. Since he obviously cares about you, he's gonna find out where you are and come to rescue you. And from there, I'll kill the little bastard," Rowena answers, checking her nails absently, as if killing a relative is something that everyone talks about.

A heavy feeling settles in the pit of my stomach, and a lump does the same in my throat. "No! You can't! You can't do that!" Hot tears begin to stream down my face. "You monster! How could you do that to your own son?"