Chapter 4: Typical Saturday

italics: [f/n]'s thoughts

italics+underlined: Suna's thoughts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Suna wakes up to the sound of a door creaking open. Squinting open one eye, Suna blearily peers at [f/n] walking in, sweat dripping down her forehead. Glancing over at the Hello Kitty clock on the wall, Suna concludes that it's just a little pass 7:00 o'clock in the morning. "She must have just come back from her morning run", Suna thinks. He lets out a large yawn.

"Well, good morning sleepyhead" [f/n] says taking a towel to wipe her face.

"[f/n], I do not understand how you wake up at 6:00 everyday to run. Is it impossible for you to sleep in?" Suna asks. He makes no move to get of bed and instead pulls the covers closer to his chin.

"Hmm...I mean waking up early has already become a habit to me and I only like to work out in the morning so yeah." [f/n] opens her closet and pulls out some casual clothes to wear. "Imma go take a shower then I'll make us breakfast. Better get your butt out of bed and ready when I'm done Rin" [f/n] informs before disappearing into her bathroom.

"Ok, mom" Suna sarcastically replies, yanking the sheets over his head. It was still 7:00 in the morning and there was no way he was getting out of this warm and cozy bed this early. He chooses to close his eyes and sleep for while more. It was a Saturday and Suna never gets up until 11:00 or even noon on the weekends.

[f/n] heads out of the shower feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. She glances over at her bed and as she expected Suna is still lying there snoring away. She rolls her eyes, exasperated but she doesn't make a move to wake him up. Instead she heads out of her room and downstairs into the kitchen. Her mother is already awake and sipping her morning tea.

"Hey sweetie. About to make breakfast?" Mrs. [l/n] asks, looking up from her tablet.

"Yup." [f/n] opens up the fridge to pull out the carton of eggs, bacon, and butter. "Would you like some, Okaa-san?"
"Oh, no thank you sweetheart. I already had a muffin earlier. Is Rintarou still sleeping?" Mrs. [l/n] inquires.

"Hahaha, you guessed it. Lazy brat, not even bothering to help me make breakfast." [f/n] retorts, rolling her eyes.

"That's because you baby him too much [f/n]. Now he just relies on you for everything." teases Mrs. [l/n] with a knowing gleam in her eyes.

"Wha-wha-what?!? I do not baby him! I-I-I ..." [f/n] trails off, her face burning. "Whatever. I'm going to make breakfast now so don't bother me." [f/n] huffs and spins around to grab two pans for the eggs and bacon.

Her mother guffaws behind her causing her furiously blush. [f/n] pops two slices of bread into the toaster turns her back to her mother. I do not baby him. It's just that..it's that I feel a need to take care of him as I am the older one. [f/n] cracks open 4 eggs into the pan then she flips the bacon in the other pan, doing so carefully as to not get an oil splatter on herself ( a/n: if you ever cook bacon, it's a dangerous job with all the oil flying out of the pan-yikes). She places a slice of buttered toast, 2 sunny-side up eggs, and 2 slices of bacon on each plate. Carefully placing both plates onto the along with the utensils, she carries it up the stairs and back into her room. She gently places the tray down onto the floor before shaking Suna awake.