BNHA Part 23

--Midoriya--

Midoriya runs through the forest with Full Cowling active,trying to find Bakugo and the others.

Kacchan and Todoroki went second in the test of courage. If they didn't go back to camp yet,then they might still be around here!

Midoriya saw something in the distance,and it revealed to be Dark Shadow's claw coming right at him. He tries to dodge it,but his left arm erupted in pain and caused him to flinch. Dust emerged where Dark Shadow's claw landed,while Shoji came in and saved Midoriya.

Midoriya:Shoji? What happened?! | Shoji:With those injuries,you should be laid up in bed recovering,but you wanna save your friend,no matter what the cost. | Midoriya:You're injured too...! | Shoji:Yes,we were ambushed by villains,and I covered us. But the attack triggered Tokoyami's quirk,even though he was desperately trying to hold it back.

Tokoyami:My quirk's offensive ability gets stronger in darkness,but that makes Dark Shadow aggresive and difficult to control.

Midoriya:*realizes* No,don't tell me...! | Shoji:Yeah...If we want to get through here,we have to face Dark Shadow first.

In the distance,both of them can see the image of Dark Shadow's grip around Tokoyami as he tries to hold his quirk back.

Tokoyami:Stay away! From me! You'll die! | Midoriya:Tokoyami,no...!

--Aeden--

A mighty roar was heard in the distance...

Clyde:What was that?! | Aeden:It could be a villain...No,it's Tokoyami! | Clyde:What? | Aeden:His quirk,Dark Shadow,reacts to my bubble as well. Dark Shadow is taking over Tokoyami's body,plus Midoriya and Shoji is nearby as well. | Clyde:I suppose he can't control Dark Shadow yet? | Aeden:His training here is specifically getting more control over Dark Shadow when it gets dark. | Clyde:Let's go then!

--Midoriya--

Midoriya:How did he get this way? | Shoji:Keep it down. After Mandalay told us what was happening,we shouldn't engage. We were both on high alert. Still,one of the villains got the drop on us. I hid in the bushes and try to cover Tokoyami,even though one of my arms was cut off. | Midoriya:Really? | Shoji:It looks bad,but it's not like it's lost forever. My dupli-arms are capable of making duplicants upon duplicants,one of those was cut off. Thing is,he couldn't stand seeing me injured like that. The quirk he's been suppressing began to rage and take over.

Dark Shadow,as they were talking,thrash around trying to find them. It was easily tearing and pulling the trees around it off the ground as it grows stronger.

Midoriya:The darker it is,the less control Tokoyami has. I had no idea his quirk could explode like this. | Shoji:It's probably relies righteous indignation and regret,he's trying to hold it back,but they made it wilder.

Shoji steps back,but he stepped on a branch and it snapped. He immediately dodge as Dark Shadow quickly attacked where the sound came from.

Shoji:It start lunging at any sound or movement,a beast lashing out indiscriminate attacks! | Tokoyami:Forget about me! Go! Find your classmates! Help them instead! Stop this! Calm down,Dark Shadow!

Shoji:His quirk has a weakness to light,and if we can lead him to a fire or back to camp,we can contain it. Midoriya,I know these are strange circumstances,but I can't just leave a suffering friend behind. You forced your broken body to get you here because you were worried about Bakugo. If you still wanna save him,I'll distract Dark Shadow for you,and you can run. | Midoriya:Hold on! The fire and camp are both pretty far away! You'll be in danger of--!