28. what a crappy day

s2e21: the sun also rises

"So Klaus just killed Bryn's mom?" Stefan asked Elijah outside the witch house.

"Yes, in front of her," Elijah nodded. "Now, his death is very well deserved. The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid."

"So when do we attack?" Alaric questioned.

"Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in." Elijah explained.

"And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?" Stefan confirmed.

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." Elijah promised.

-

Greta, another one of Klaus's witches, dragged Brynley and a werewolf named Jules to the ground where the ritual was happening. She pushed Brynley next to a tree stump and Jules next to Jenna and Elena.

"Are you guys okay?" Brynley asked Elena and Jenna.

"Are you? You look like you've been sobbing." Elena looked at her friend.

"You won't believe what a crappy day I've had." Brynley sighed as she looked down at the two wands in her hand, hers and her mother's. She ran her finger over the intricate designs on the piece of long wood before whispering. "I can't believe I miss you right now."

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." Elena rambled, trying to reason with the witch.

"My duty is to Klaus!" Great yelled. "The new order."

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus arrived and looked at Brynley, and then looked at Elena, Jenna, and Jules. "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?"

"Almost." Greta walked over to Brynley, and dragged her over. She grabbed a knife and pressed it against the fairy's palm, Brynley jumping it pain.

"Ow, what the hell?" Brynley questioned as Greta poured her blood into a bowl. "I don't remember reading about this part of the ritual. The spell doesn't require fairy blood."

"But this spell does." Greta mumbled.

"What are you doing?" Brynley asked, worried.

"We need a fully-developed fairy, love." Klaus informed her.

"What do you mean fully developed-" Brynley started before freezing, realizing what they meant. "I don't have my wings."

"You will soon." Greta smiled while continuing to pour herbs into the bowl. "I'm gonna be honest, this is going to hurt."

"No, no, no." Brynley shook her head.

"Alas cito proferte stolam sui, ut sit illius plena eam." Greta chanted and the torches around the field lit up. "Alas cito proferte stolam sui, ut sit illius plena eam."

Brynley looked at the witch before she let out a scream in pain. She felt like they were knives poking through her back as she fell to the floor, on her knees. Klaus watched as silver points began to poke through her back, and they got larger. Brynley continued to yell, tears running down her face, and the silver points turned into a pair of wings. Brynley let out a sob and the growing stopped. She tried to ignore the pain in her back as she looked up, seeing the pair of pretty, silver wings attached to her.

"We can proceed." Greta said.

"I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." Klaus handed the moonstone to Greta.