058 | MIYA ATSUMU

one shot is titled— GRIEF

one shot is titledGRIEF

You finished what was left of his belongings and your heart couldn't help but to squeeze in pain, looking at the empty walls of your apartment.

You tried your hardest not to cry. It was just 9 in the morning, and you absolutely felt horrible. Today was the day your husband would move out of the apartment, forever.

You gripped the box, wiping away the tears when you saw the framed photo of your marriage. You stood up, making sandwich, whilst looking down from your balcony.

The movers were already here. It was quite early, but you guessed your husband wanted to cut ties with you quickly.

You welcomed them warmly, covering your nightgown with a robe. They were polite, and as if they knew your situation, stood silent and wrapped up things quickly. When the door had shut close, your legs wobbled and you sobbed on the floor for what seemed like hours.

Waking up, the sun was already going down, illuminating your apartment with orange and pink hues. You washed your face with water and opened your phone, seeing many missed calls and worried texts from many of your friends. However, a certain contact and photo had caught your eyes.

MIYA ATSUMU
goodbye.

Your eyes were at it again, but you busied yourself with cleaning the whole house and organizing. You have to admit, it really made you forget about everything. When you had finished, it was already midnight.

Time seemed to turn faster facing grief and sadness. Jogging down the stairs, you covered your eyes with sunglasses. At night.

The door to the convenience store jingled, and the ginger-haired male perked up and immediately smiled seeing you.

"Mrs. Miya!"

Your heart clenched hearing Shoyo address you in such a name. "I'm sure you've heard of what happened, kiddo."

The said male shook his head. "It's really unbelievable."

"Life is always unexpected." You gave him a small smile.

You approached the counter with several chips, ice cream and candy. Shoyo made no more comment and instead wished you happiness in the new chapter of your life.

He was a good kid and a friend. You also wished him happiness before disappearing in the night. The convenience store was just around the corner of the apartment and you had to rub your eyes to see who it was, waiting at the steps of the apartment carrying a black plastic bag.