seven

Andrea Castro

My feet padded on the hardwood floors, finally reaching the kitchen where I could smell coffee brewing. My mouth watered at the thought of drinking a nice cup of coffee, especially after my first night here and not getting any sleep. I was beyond exhausted and I could feel the bags underneath my eyes.

"Would you like some?" Harry asked, turning his head and taking a quick sip from his mug. I nodded my head slowly, as he poured me a cup of coffee. I quickly grabbed the mug from his hand and took a quick gulp, admiring the taste of black coffee. 

"You look really tired, you should get some more sleep." Harry said with his eyebrows furrowed and concern written all over his face. I set the mug down on the kitchen counter and sighed while shaking my head.

"That's why I got out of bed, I can't get any sleep. How do you expect me to sleep when my life is in crumbles?" I muttered, while looking down at my feet. My mind was going in so many different directions and my thoughts were drowning me. Getting sleep was useless at this point. I never knew what was going to happen next and the future terrified me.

"It'll get figured out soon enough. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything." Harry laughed while taking another sip from his mug. I gritted my teeth and my jaw clenched. He was the reason why I was in this mess anyway. I hated the fact that I was hidden away in this stupid ranch with this stupid guy who obviously doesn't care enough about the situation he put me in. 

"Can I have my phone back at least? So people don't question where I am." I replied, annoyance laced in my tone of words. Harry rolled his eyes at my question, putting down his mug and walking past me and into the foyer. I saw him grab a pair of shoes and slip them on while he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I can't believe you think I'm really that stupid huh? To think you wouldn't use your phone for a cry for help. You're not getting it back anytime soon. And if you're really that worried, I got it handled anyways." He smirked as he reached for his coat and jingled his car keys in his pocket. I figured I wasn't going to get my phone back, but it was definitely worth a shot. 

"Where are you going?" I questioned as fear started to enter my body. I didn't like the idea of being alone in the middle of nowhere. For some reason, I felt secure when Harry was around. It surprised me really, thinking that the guy who murdered my father, made me feel safe at the same time. 

"I'm going to Cobra-13 Headquarters. I have a job, y'know." He laughed at me while reaching for the door. My body shivered at the thought of that place. I didn't know what it was, but curiosity was getting the best of me. This so-called place is the reason why my father isn't alive anymore. I deserved to know what it really was. I watched as Harry reached for the door, about to leave, but I stopped him before he can get any further.

"Harry, wait." I yelled out, as his eyes got wide and he turned back around to look at me. I huffed under my breath and rubbed the sides of my arms, beginning to feel nervous to even ask such a simple question. "Can you please tell me what Cobra-13 really is? I deserve to know." I muttered, my eyes beginning to get weary and my voice scratchy. Harry walked towards me, his eyes never leaving mine. His face was mere inches away from mine and my breath hitched in my throat.

"Quite frankly, it's your worst nightmare. The more you think about it, the more terrified you will become of it." Harry whispered and it sent chills down my spine and I could feel the goosebumps begin to rise on my skin. I shuddered at his words, quickly stepping away. 

"I think I could handle it. My worst nightmare already happened." I replied back with anger in my voice. My dad getting killed right in front of me was the most traumatic thing I could've ever gone through, so hearing about what Cobra-13 really was didn't frighten me as much.