↠ 25

The chilly air didn't bother to calm you down. All you felt was a burning passion to get some answers as you chased after them. Geez, this person was fast. You were keeping at a good distance despite running full force but lucky for you, endurance was on your side. The Ukaku ghouls lacked the endurance but they'll soon lose it. Which means at any moment, they could turn around and attack.

Just like you predicted, the person stopped and turned around. Surprise filled you as you came to a stop and saw that they wore no mask. Their face was visible and that was something that immediately put you on edge. No mask? Hell, even you wouldn't do that.

"Are you from Moeru Ki?" You growled out and you could see a look of confusion cross their face. Oh great. That ruined your intimidation process. "Are you from Moeru Ki?" You repeated but this time in Japanese.

"Glad you could figure it out." The female ghoul said. "I was just sent to take a look and I found you watching over that human. Was he for a meal?" She licked her lips for emphasis. "I would like a taste."

That comment alone raised your temper. Like she would get close to them. "Let me guess, sent by Yuki?" You could even feel the venom drip from your lips as you spat out the name.

"Correct." She said. "Now I just have to tell her of the little meal you like and everything will be fun!"

They were such psychopaths. You rolled your eyes. "You won't be doing that, honey. I will kill you before you even get to her."

"Fine. I guess I'll just hurt you enough so that you know how much stronger we got." She blinked and the familiar ghoul eyes stared at you. There was a ripping of clothes and two large red wings sprouted from her shoulders.

It should be easy enough.

In the brief flash, you only just blinked letting your own eyes take to their true form as you barely dodged the spikes that she released. She sent them another time which you barely managed to dodge. Only one skimmed you and that released a stream of blood down your arm. Your sweatshirt tore as your kagune sprouted from your lower back.

Three large tentacles raised themselves into the air and pointed at her. Her eyes widened and she let out a gasp. "Y-You're Scorpion?"

You raised an eyebrow. Looks like you were famous with them. "Yes." You smiled underneath your mask. "Nice to meet you. Too bad, you won't tell anyone else." You dashed forward, sending the right tentacle forward. Once she started moving, the left tentacle went after her. She barely managed to move a wing and block your attack.

Not bad. You thought and suddenly propelled yourself forward to land a kick right against her head. She fell a little aways and you took the chance to attack again. Except she dodge and instead one of your tentacles left an indent in the concrete. Whoops.

She flew up and let some more spikes towards you. Using the left tentacle, you dodged most of the attacks and sent the other one out to her. What you hoped was that she wasn't paying attention to the fact that you weren't using the third one yet. She blocked again and was now panting. Good. She was running out of endurance.

With that, you rushed at her, she panicked and flew back a little aways and you sent out the left tentacle and she blocked it once again. You had her. Without any hesitation at all, your last tentacle shot out towards her. She lost all her stamina as your tentacle pierced her right through her stomach. The ghoul before let out a strangled scream as blood started to leak. The wings immediately disappeared and her eyes returned to normal.

Slowly, you stepped closer to her. "Now, will you care to tell me how you guys caught on to why we were here?" She shook her head and managed to give you a weak glare. You let the tentacle hold her up in the air and brought her to you. "I'll ask again nicely."

Her feet dangled and she tried to kick you but you wrapped both of them with one of your free tentacles. You tightened it and heard a loud snap. She screamed out again. "I-I don't know! It was all on Yuki! She just told me to keep an eye on the cafe!"

Underneath your mask, you were frowning. You absorbed the words she said. You could hear the confusion and slight edge of the verge of tears. She was telling the truth. "If I let you go, you're going to run back to her, aren't you?" She didn't say anything but instead looked away. "I thought so. Don't worry, I'll make it quick."

The ghoul closed her eyes as your last tentacle shot through the head. Within seconds, the body felt loose. You removed the tentacle from her stomach and made sure to pierce it through the heart. After that, you removed your kagune from the body. It dropped onto the concrete and if the pool of blood underneath wasn't big enough, it sure was now. You didn't want to risk your hands to be with blood. So instead like the messages they left you, you wrote one of your own with a tentacle. It wasn't the most illegible writing but it was fine.

Your eyes caught a small garden up here. There were a couple of leaves dropping blood. You didn't notice it before but you're sure that someone will come up sooner or later. You let your kagune slowly disappear. You had a feeling that Yuki told them about you. The ghoul even called you by your name given by the Doves.

The reason is, you mostly had your two tentacles acting as claws and the other two were merged together to form a sturdy one. That one acted as your tail and it mostly struck your enemies until the end. Well at least they know who to fear.

With the task done, you rushed on home. Sure, Rei might get angry at what you did but you know that there's at least one less member.

You nervously walked with Yoongi to the cafeteria. In class, you were somewhat spacing out but also paying attention. You just had no idea what was happening. You were a little bit comfortable with Yoongi and that got you to be yourself towards the end of class. Now, you have returned back being nervous and rehearing on what you were going to say. He reassured you that everything was going to be fine.

Once you walked into the cafeteria, your eyes immediately went over to the table and they were all there. Oh gosh. You took a deep breath as the two of you went over. Their conversation went to a halt and you were now sweating bullets. "H-Hey guys." You greeted. "I'm sorry for not responding, I was just going through some things. I understand if you don't want to talk now." You just gritted your teeth. You didn't want to say that!

Taehyung was the first to move as he jumped out of his seat. "It's okay, Y/N!" He came over to you and pulled you into a hug. "I understand but at least next time, tell me that you're okay."

You didn't deserve this. Hell, you would have thought that at least someone would be angry with you and not talk to you anymore. Jimin came over and was the next one to give you a hug after Taehyung pulled away. "We still want to be your friend." You noticed that he looked refreshed after these past few days. And he was the one who you caused him harm.

From these sweet gestures, you started to tear up. "Jimin! You made her cry!" Taehyung swatted his friend's arm.

"Huh?" Jimin pulled away and panicked. "Agh! I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?!"

It almost made you want to laugh. They really didn't know what to do when someone cried. Before you could answer, you were tugged onto a seat by Seokjin. He pouted and wiped away your tears with his long sleeve. "You guys can't make everyone cry." He sighed.

You just shook your head. "No, I'm sorry. I was happy."

"Well, we're happy that you're back." Hoseok had draped himself over you to give you a back hug.

"Yeah." Namjoon said as he took something out of his bag. "I also copied the notes I took in class in case you need them." He slid over a folder of perfectly written notes. You took it with such amazement.

"R-Really? I think you're my best friend now." You said and rushed over to him and gave him a hug. With these notes, maybe you can finally understand things.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes in a playful manner. "That's rude."

You felt a tap on your shoulder and you turned to find Jungkook. "I'm glad you're back." You smiled at him and also gave him a hug.

"Thanks, I am too." You meant the words and Taehyung clapped his hands excitedly. "We should hang out tonight!" The guys readily agreed and you happily smiled. You were glad that you can continue to be by their side. It made you feel more human.