C.69

"yoonhwa!"

she came to a halt and slowly spun her heels around see renjun walking towards her with a drawing block.

"you're going to the teacher's office?" he asked stopping right in front of her. yoonhwa made a thin line with her lips and nodded.

"let me help you- i'm going there too" renjun took half of the books in her arms. he tilted his head slightly to the side his left eyebrow raised.
"where's haechan? it's weird seeing him not around you"

"jaemin dragged him somewhere else" he let out a soft chuckle and nodded his head. both of them began walking towards the office.

"did the meeting.. went well?" renjun glanced shortly and hummed in response. "yeah. we have a plan- but it concerns your safety" renjun said.

"my safety?"

"yeah" he sighed before sliding the office door open.
renjun placed his drawing block on top of his teacher's desk and strides to where yoonhwa was.

"yoonhwa, can you help me with something?" her eyebrows rose as she stared her homeroom teacher. "you're friends with kim hwiyoung, right? can you help me give him this book?"

she had a second thought before grabbing the book. she managed a smile and bowed to show respect. renjun did the same thing and followed yoonhwa.

"kim hwiyoung.. his profile appeared yesterday at our meeting" renjun mumbled. "i don't think it's a good idea to see him right now"

yoonhwa bit the inside of her lip staring down at the book in her hands. "do gang members attack in a school ground?"

"it depends with the gang"

"i'll give him this book" his eyes widened. before renjun could say anything she cutted him off "i have something to say to him. i'll be fine"

"i'm not so sure about that. i'll go with you" she sighed. "okay then"

"yoonhwa, if something happens to you i don't think haechan would even spare my life. i don't want to die yet" renjun said crossing both of his arms over his chest. yoonhwa stifled a laugh and nodded.

"yah! we were searching for you guys" both of them turned to look at the direction of the voice and saw haechan with the other dreamies.

yoonhwa's side lips tugged upwards. she saw jisung looking annoyed her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "jisung, what's that on your nose"

"ask haechan" he muttered looking away his hand wiping his nose. yoonhwa's attention went to haechan who looked unbothered about it.

"it's glitch" jaemin said. "glitter" haechan corrected him.

"i don't get paid enough for this" jisung mumbled and sighed. yoonhwa shook her head and remembered that she needed to pass the book to hwiyoung.

"uh- i need to go somewhere"

"where? i'm going with you" haechan stepped forward his face turning serious. "we're going with you" jeno peeked over haechan's shoulder.

"she's planning on going with me" renjun said and got a glare from haechan. "no. she's not"

"let's just go" jaemin interrupted both of them. chenle was quiet the whole time. the smile on his face dropped when he sensed something.

jisung was the first one to notice him not talking. "chenle, what's wrong?"
all of them turned to chenle who was beginning to look anxious.

"i don't know why i have a bad feeling" he muttered which alerted them. "yoonhwa, do you really have to say something to him? you could just pass the book to someone else" renjun said.

"him? who are you talking about?"

"our homeroom teacher asked me to give this book to him" she mumbled almost quietly. haechan grabbed the book from her hands

"i'll give it to-" he stopped himself and closed his eyes tilting his head to the side. "someone's here" jeno stated.

"do you have some super senses of something?" she asked quite amused. jeno shrugged and showed her his usual eye smile.

the hallways were extremely quiet. no one were around. it was just them. chenle glanced towards jaemin who had already reached his gun on his back.

"we need to go now"

before they could even move they heard a loud gun shot. the sound echo in through the hallways.
"watch out!" haechan pushed yoonhwa away in reflex and she fell down onto the ground.

he winced when he felt throbbing pain coming from his left arm. the bullet had hit him instead- blood started to rush out of the new wound.

"haechan you've been shot" jaemin said his eyes widening a bit
"thank you for stating the obvious" his other hand pressed onto the wound to stop the blood from coming out.

she quickly got up worry washed all over her. just when she was about to go towards him they saw something was thrown towards them.
the small round thing rolled on the ground before it began to release white smoke.

"fuck it!" haechan pulled the gun's safety off looking everywhere.
"yoonhwa where are you?"

"haechan! i'm-" all of them heard her scream. his heart dropped and he ran towards the direction of her voice.

"yoonhwa! yoon-" he halted his eyes wandering around the place to find her. "no.."

she was no longer there.