-39-

[matching animals]

Taehyung made sure both of his parents were asleep before he began creaking the front door open. Thankfully it wasn't raining and the moon caused there to be a tiny amount of light in the coal black sky so he could see where he was walking.

The brunette didn't know specifically where to meet Jungkook because he just said outside, so Taehyung stood outside of his house and waited for the older to approach him. Calling him nervous would be an understatement. He hasn't seen the older for about a week and this was their first time meeting again in person since then.

Taehyung could see a figure begin to walk in his direction causing him to begin to fiddle with his fingers out of nervousness.

Jungkook could see that the younger looked nervous even in the dark and in the mask, which he couldn't blame him because he was nervous as well. All that was on the raven haired males mind when he saw the brunette was how badly he wanted to hug him again, but sadly that couldn't happen.

"Hey kook.." The younger mumbled. The amount of sadness in his voice made Jungkook want to cry right there and then but he managed to control himself, he couldn't stand the fact that he made the younger feel this way again.

The older said nothing, forgetting what Taehyung told him as he began to walk closer to the said male who reacted by backing away which broke Jungkook's heart even more. "S-six feet.." Taehyung told, it was obvious he didn't want to stay six feet apart either.

"Right.." The older said as he backed away from the precious boy who was still fiddling with his fingers. Jungkook was so mesmerized by Taehyung's face that he almost forgot what he wanted to say.

"Namjoon and I.. we're nothing." The older softly reassured causing the younger to slowly look up. "I told him I way gay and he kissed me because I guess he likes me, I honestly don't know but I promise you I wouldn't ever want to kiss him."

"Why are you promising me? It's not my decision to tell you who you can and can't like.." Taehyung told with a shaky voice. He didn't get why he was being promised such a thing, it's not like they were dating or anything.

"Because Taehyung, I don't want to kiss anyone else besides you."

The said male could feel his heart start to beat up again in his chest, he felt like it was going to explode and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Taehyung only tried to control his breathing as he tried to process what he was being told.

"God, do you know how much I missed you? I think I even forgot what sleep was because I stayed up all night worrying if you were okay or not. Every time I looked at that fucking window I had a breakdown." Jungkook's voice was now shaky as well. His eyes looked like they were filled with water and Taehyung felt like he panicked when he saw a tear slip from the elders eye.

"I like you so much Taehyung, if you didn't make it I probably wouldn't have made it either. I never cry over anybody and here I am." The raven haired choked out a sad chuckle as he wiped the tears that were now falling from his eyes.

"W-why are you crying.." The brunette stuttered, also trying to hold back his tears. He's never seen Jungkook cry like this before and it was honestly heartbreaking.

"I have to keep holding myself back from hugging you and it fucking hurts."

The curse words didn't even faze Taehyung anymore because he was so focused on his overwhelming feelings.

"I like you too kook." The brunette mumbled out causing Jungkook to whip his head upwards, his red watery eyes looking into Taehyung's from six feet away "Really?"

The younger nodded and that was all it took for Jungkook to fully break down, harder than he ever has before. He had to bury his face in his hand and turn his head away because of how hard he was crying.

"Koo stop crying, you're making me cry." The brunette mumbled as he felt his own eyes begin to water up. The older shook his head and wiped his tears away once again.

"Sorry.. s-six feet is just too far. I want to hold you so bad. Fuck I can't even see your perfect face because of that dumbass mask."

Taehyung sadly giggled as he looked down at his own feet. He really wish Jungkook could hold him because that sounded so nice. Every time the older would speak Taehyung would like him even more. That reminded him of something.

"I got you something, it's inside.." The brunette told with puffy red cheeks before he began walking inside his house, coming out seconds later with the stuffed lion and bunny in his arms. Jungkook could barely handle the emotions he was feeling right now.

"Look! Now we both have stuffed animals, it even looks like you." Taehyung giggled as he handed Jungkook the plushie, the latter stepping back again so they were still six feet apart.

Jungkook said nothing as he stared at the bunny in his hands. A large smile began forming onto his face as he stared at the plushie, all while tears were continuing to fall down his face.

"W-where did you get this?" The raven haired asked as he kept his eyes on the animal.

"The hospital."

The older quickly took his eyes off the gift and stared at Taehyung in disbelief. "You're giving your recovery gift to me?"

"I wanted to, because now we can have matching stuffed animals! Well, sort of.." The younger giggled all while Jungkook kept staring at the latter. Taehyung brought his attention back up to the raven haired who was still staring at him, staying like that for a few minutes.

"I'm gonna cuddle with it tonight." Jungkook finally said making the brunette smile. "Me too.."

"I'm gonna imagine that it's you." The older kept saying causing a pink tint to form on Taehyung's masked up cheeks. "I might even kiss it."

"Kook.." The younger giggled making Jungkook smile as well, the tears were now dry and stained on his face.

"Do you think they should hug before we depart?" The raven haired goofily asked along with a sad tone because he wished him and Tae would be the ones hugging in said. "That's a good idea." Taehyung replied as he stepped a little closer to Jungkook, giggling to themselves as they made the two stuffed animals hug like they were in kindergarten.

Before they both went into their houses, Jungkook made his bunny kiss Taehyung's lion before quickly sprinting back to his house with a huge dorky smile on his face causing the same smile to form on the brunette's face as he made his way back into his own home.

goodnight loves😳😳💕💕💕💕💕 hope you liked the chapter! :)