Falling.

A/N: You guys are slowly but surely getting what you want... You're welcome...

Three weeks. Three weeks of writing, and working together, and I haven't let a single conversation happen. Mostly because I've gone home hurting every night. It hurts... Sitting here pretending he's nothing to me but a colleague when in reality I'm in love with him. The small talk, and the silly jokes...

It's not been anything I've wanted but I'm doing it for myself. I need this for myself... He's tried too... Not much, because he knows that I won't budge, but he's still tried, and it confuses me. It makes me so mad, but so full, and so confused at the same time.

Today we worked on a piece called Adore You, and it was a happy song but it hurt... It made me mad when they told me it was written on tour. It made me mad because I don't know who the hell it was written about...

I hate not knowing anything. I hate feeling like I've got all eyes on me right now even though I've enjoyed it so much lately. I hate feeling like there's something wrong with me because they know that Harry and I were together.I hate the aspect of the awkward tension between all of us. We try to dance around that, but we all still feel it... Almost every song we've worked on in this studio has been about one of us... So today after hearing Adore You, and pondering the lyrics he wrote all on his own I get my things, and I start for the door, just like everyday we've been here.

"Cherry..." I stop outside the studio door, and turn to him, both of us standing in the hallway now.

"Did I forget something? Or-"

"No... I.. You seem upset, and you've seemed kind of upset the past few days. I just want to make sure you're... That you're okay.." He rubs his arm, the shy nature of his coming out.

"I'm fine..." I give a smile, and nod to him, and he melts a bit.

"Cherry... You've never been one to.. To close yourself off, and I know we said we were keeping it professional, but that doesn't mean I can't be here for you." He mumbles, running his hands through his messy curls.

"That is what it means Harry... I have been upset. I just don't feel comfortable explaining to you that I'm hurting over you okay? I said my peace about it, and I wanted to leave it alone, but it's really hard to let it go when I see you everyday." I tell him truthfully, looking straight into eyes as I do.

"Come over... Talk to me, please talk to me..." He pleads, and I shake my head.

"There's nothing to talk about." I cross my arms over my chest, and he presses his lips together.

"What about the fact that I slept with someone when I promised you I wouldn't. The fact that I didn't speak to you? There... I said it out loud... I'm tired of ignoring it. Don't pretend like there's no stuff to talk about because there is. I fucked up and-"

"Fine.. Fine Harry. I thought I told you how I felt. I don't know what else I can tell you except the fact that it hurts... All of this hurts. I wasn't sure if I'd even see you again, and then you just walk back in like nothing happened. I grew up so much, and you never held me back... Never, but you still pushed me even when you weren't here, and I... I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to feel about you right now. I have no idea how I'm supposed to feel in this situation, and you're making this harder than it needs to be... I don't know why we can't just leave the past in the past." I speak softly, not wanting to be harsh with him.

"Because it's not the past. The feelings I know both of us have right now are not in the past, and I'm saying this. My heart is beating out of my chest right now, and I'm terrified to say any of this stuff to you, but I'm doing it because I hope it will give me something. Anything from you." He pleads, and I feel tears prick my eyes.