Chapter 1

Kassius woke up in a sweat. He rolled to the edge of his bed, and placed his feet against the wooden floor. The sweat wiped from his brow as his gaze raised to the dark wall. So tired of these nightmares, seeing his abusive "father" yelling at his weak mother.

"I'm not his fucking father. Get that thing away from me."

Kassius's hand wiped the warm tears from his cheeks. Then he walked out his room to glance at the clock. Almost noon...he sulked out the door in just his shorts and tilted his head at the dewy air the woods provided.

The male scanned his surroundings. The trees allowing some of the sun to peak through, the air still cool. Kassius stretched by rolling his shoulders with a deep groan.

Walking out the clearing and deeper into the woods, he'd taken a liking to it. Since he lived quite deep in them.

Kass shifted into a large dog to be his form this time. Guess one good thing about his mother cheating on his "father" was he'd inherited the shifter gene. His mother being a witch and having her affair with a man, to this day, Kassius doesn't know. Either way, the male who raised him would have made him a witch wolf hybrid.

He took off into the woods and soon found himself at the large pond held there. His head lowered to lap up the water before slowly laying down on the water's edge. Lightly tapped his paws at the water as he watched the ripples, slowly easing his racing mind.

~~~~

Caspian aimlessly flew through the trees. Multiple animals had been walking with him and slowly dispersing. The goal was to find food that wasn't a living animal. A fairy of his caliber mentally shuddering at the thought.

Being new to this world made everything harder for the male. You may wonder why it's new to him. Caspian was teleporting through different realms when he was struck. He painfully landed on a rock which knocked him unconscious.

While he laid there, all the wounds residing on his body healed thanks to his magic. He woke up to a deer sniffing his face, which gave him a fright. The map in his miniature backpack showed this world was where humans peacefully lived with the supernatural.

"Why can't I go back?" Caspian pouted as he attempted to open a portal.

This worried him since he didn't know when or how he'd go home. That's why he's flying around for food. Trees began to thin out and Caspian heard soft waves of water. He tensely settled on the ground at the tree line.

Kassius sniffed and quickly went into a fighting stance. Caspian just watched the large animal growl while baring its teeth. The dog soon turned to him with a head tilt as the fairy mimicked him.

Swiftly shifting into human form, Kassius looked at the shocked smaller male. "Who are you?" He spoke with an endearing sense of authority. Caspian lightly walked closer causing Kassius to step back.

He abruptly paused and said, "I'm Caspian. A very...very lost fairy. You are?" Resisting the urge to hold out a hand, Caspian sent him a dazzling smile.

"Kassius," was his response. The shifter started to trudge away but Caspian fluttered over to him. "Hey wait..." Kassius glanced over his shoulder while walking, "can you help me find food? please anything other than animals."

If it was any other person, Kassius would say no. It was something about this fairy that intrigued him. Especially the way his skin glowed, pretty enough to want to touch...

Kassius stopped and looked over the male, he had no idea why he'd even shifted infront of the male.

A sigh passed his lips, "a fairy? Okay and...no meat. Well in these woods that leaves berries or random plants. My home is completely on the other side but we can head further out. There's some berries and things I could pick for you...you'd just have to follow me?"

He sensed a slight hesitation but his ears picked up the growl of hunger in the smaller male's stomach.

Kass offered his hand, "I promise I don't bite....unless you want me to." He teased with a softer tone, his impassiveity softening as his soft brown eyes caught the fairy's own eyes.

Caspian gave a gentle nod and slipped his hand into Kassius' larger one.

Kassius smiled before shivering slightly at the tingle that ran up his spine. The encounter was ignored and they started on their way.

He scanned the woods before crossing his arms in front of him. The habit of lip chewing started for Kassius, and profound thinking made the trip shorter. This was where the plants circled around a few different berry bushes and even an apple tree.

Kass turned his attention to the fairy who just seemed to be gawking at nature.

Words weren't being spoken and neither had a clue on what to even say.

At seeing the male hadn't even made a move, Kassius himself gathered the fruits and reapproached the male. He leaned down to his height. "Eat. Then you can tell me a little bit more of why you're in my woods," he muttered delicately. Offering him the fruits and berries, the male popped one in his own mouth.

~~~~

Kassius huffed from the silence again but his focus moved back to his thoughts. As he walked along the woods with the pretty fairy at his side, his head hung as they wondered around.

Tigs snapping around him made his head snap up as he scanned around. He paused to place a hand infront of the small male stopping him. His ears perked and that's when he noticed the different smells surrounding him.

Testing his theory, he growled lowly earning a stronger growl back from somewhere in the trees.

He unwillingly let out a whimper before he straightened up and looked at the fairy. "Caspian...listen to me. Run. It's not safe, run and dont stop until you hear my voice again okay?" He spoke then waited for caspian to bolt before he took off back to where they'd previously been coming from.

In fight or flight mode, he'd changed his form to be able to move faster...and hoped he was quicker than whatever the hell that was behind him. He'd lost sight of the beautiful male infront of him hoping they'd both get away.

But that thought escaped when he was knocked off his paws, nearly howling in pain at the teeth that sunk into his side.