Chapter 5

Elijah's POV

"See Eli, for the most part, nothing has changed." Atlantis says, walking in between me and Milo. It's the next day and so far everyone is still acting normal at school.

"I guess so."

"I mean, it's not like people can just look at you and know what you are."

"Oh yeah? Just wait until our scents get stronger, then people will be able to tell."

"Okay, you got me there. I could scent you if you want," she says, raising her wrist towards me.

"Ew, no. If anything, you'd probably just be rubbing your sweat on me," I say, Milo and I both laughing.

She punches me in the shoulder, but she's also laughing. "Okay whatever, but for now everything's fine so enjoy it. We have to go to our classes so we'll see you later," she says. And with that they leave. The rest of the day went on as normal, besides seeing a few arguments here and there between some classmates. Maybe this won't be so bad. But then I remember that I still have to go to practice today, and Gray will be there. Then my mood suddenly goes sour.

I arrive at basketball practice a bit early, hoping that coach will give me a bit of mercy, but it back fires on me. "Matthews! Get over here, right now!" coach barks. I jog up to him, mentally preparing myself for a ton of yelling.

"Yes, couch?"

"Why were you not at practice yesterday?"

"To be honest, sir, I was going through some emotional stuff yesterday and skipped practice. It won't happen again, coach."

" It sure won't, you better give me ten laps around the court before I even consider letting you play today. Do I make myself clear?!" coach barks.

"Yes sir!" I say, and start doing my laps. By the time I'm done everyone else has already arrived. I can see Gray walking towards me out of the corner of my eye, he probably wants to brag about his alpha status. Before he can say anything, coach blows his whistle. "Okay team, line up it's time to start practice!"

******

"Alright that's it for today, don't forget we have our first game next Thursday so don't be late," coach says, heading for his office. We all head into the locker-room to change and gather our stuff. It's not long before Gray to make his way over to me, with Luke and Victor in tow. "So, mister "star player" thinks he's too good to show up to practice now, huh. Well look where that got you. You'll be lucky if coach even lets you play first game," Gray says, face twisted into his signature smirk.

"I had stuff to deal with yesterday. Plus, I'm surprised you even knew that I was gone. Seeing as how your massive ego takes up most of your thought proccess." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Don't listen to this loser Gray, he probably found out that he's a beta or something and felt too ashamed to show up," said the annoying prick that goes by the name Luke. To be honest, maybe I should just let them believe that I'm a beta. They think lowly of betas, but not as much as they would for an omega. But then I remember what Milo say. Things will never be the same again and I can't hide what I am forever. Besides, maybe I can be a good example to these jerks that omegas are just as good as alphas when they put their mind to it! ...Hopefully.

I square my shoulders and look Gray straight in the eye, bracing for what will come next. "Actually, I'm an omega." If I wasn't so nervous right now, I would have laughed at the shocked expressions of everyone in the locker-room. I even have to stop myself from picking at the shirt I'm wearing.

"Dude, you're such a liar. There's no way you're an omega." Gray says, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well it's true, I don't know what else to tell you."

Suddenly we all hear Luke burst out laughing and look at him. "So that's why you needed extra practice all the time. It's because you're just a weak omega under all of that fake confidence!" He keeps laughing like it's the funniest thing in the world, which ticks me off to a high degree. I practiced more because I wanted to get better, unlike him who thinks that he's just "naturally gifted".

"Fine. If you think I'm so weak then let's settle this with a game, 21. If I lose, I'll quit the team. If you lose, you have to bow down to me and admit that omegas can be awesome at basketball," I say, holding out my hand. There's no way-

"Deal!" Luke says, and shakes my hand. I don't think he heard everything that I said but whatever. This will be fun.

***I don't know how to write sport scenes so we're skipping***

"Game point goes to Eli!" says the kid we assigned to be the ref.

"WHAT?!" Luke yells, still gasping for breath. I have to admit I may have showed off a bit during that game but I also won. The other kids on the team start laughing and trash talking Luke about the loss. I mean, he wasn't even close to beating me with the final score being 10 to 21.

"Well Luke, I'm waiting." I say, pulling out my phone to record this momentous occasion. Luke growls and tries to lunge at me but I simply side step him, and he falls onto the floor. Everyone starts laughing harder, even Gray and Victor. Well if he doesn't sing my praises then at least I have video of him face planting the floor.

"Hey what are you all still doing here?!" coach shouts, leaving his office.

"Time to go." Gray say, and everyone books it for the exit with their stuff. We scatter in different directions outside and for some reason I ended up following Gray and Victor. Once we're far enough away we stop to catch our breath.

"Hahaha, did you see the way he tripped over his own feet and fell like an idiot? I would have thought he'd have more common sense then to try and attack me," I say, smiling at the thought. I look at Gray who looks back at me with a serious expression. "What wrong?"

"So, it's really true. You're an omega," he says.

"Well yeah. It's not like I would joke about something like that."

Gray just nods his head slowly and leaves, with a concerned looking Victor following behind him. 

Huh, what was all that about?