Chapter 33

Bria's POV

It has been one whole month since I last spoke to Ace. He had messaged me everyday for the first three weeks but then he suddenly stopped. I guess he got tired of waiting. Which I don't mind. I am so mad at him. I mean, how could he? Of all the girls in the world he chose to sleep with my best friend. His step sister. Am I a bad person for being so grossed out?

I know they are not blood related but I just can't help it. I probably sound like a judge-y person right now but I could careless. Ace is gross. The worst part about the situation is that, even after knowing all of this I still love the guy. I still want him and I miss him so much but my stubborn self won't allow it.

I still saw him when he came to pick Ash up from school he would always look at me and I did him. He did give me space though and I am thankful for that.

For this past month, Ash was even more happy than usual. For some reason I think she knows that Ace and I weren't on speaking terms but I didn't comment on it and neither did she. Although, I still had to listen her go on and on about Ace and Hailey's relationship.

Apparently, they took it to the next level and Hailey now sleeps there and has dinner there as well. Also, her and Hailey have tons of shopping dates and it seem as though they were now besties. Lucky her, just the other day she hated the girl.

I really don't get why she always has to bring Ace up in everything though. She's been acting like an obsessed fool, I get that she wants to vent and I'm her friend but I don't need to know every time Ace takes a dump. Of course she doesn't know that I know about the truth behind her and Ace's relationship and I am planning to keep it that way just to see how long it will take for her to tell me but if this is the consequences of that then I am not sure how long I'll be able to hold it. I'm suffering here.

As I sat in my Geography class, I was unable to focus on a word that was coming out of the teachers mouth. I just needed the day to end and I was only in my first class. I sighed as I made a mental note to go over the current chapter tonight.

This past month, I had barely said two words to my mom. I had spent all my time in my bedroom and in my books. I did what I had to and made sure to stay clear of her. She had tried speaking to me numerous times but I only gave her mono-syllabic answers. Of course she tried to threaten me again but after noticing I won't be homeless, she swallowed her threats.

I am still waiting to hear back from the colleges I had applied to. I keep getting a good feeling about NYU and I was extremely excited to hear from them. I knew I had promised Ace that I would consider colleges near by but there is NO WAY and I mean NO WAY am I going to remain in driving distance from my mom. I need to get away from her. I already have my escape planned out and everything and nothing, not even love is going to keep me from getting my freedom.

Ace is going to be mad but he will eventually forgive me. I have to put myself first for once. i just pray that everything goes to plan. Fingers crossed.

"Miss Adams are you still there?" Mr Faust called after me.

"Um.. Yeah" I responded and cleared my throat. What was this lesson about again?

"Can you please answer the question?" The question. What question? Was there even a question?

Mr Faust sighed. "Are you okay Miss Adams?" He asked and I shook my head. Ash looked at me as well and very soon the whole class was looking in my direction. You zone out for two seconds and already you're the main topic in class.

"Please see the guidance counselor after class." He told me and I shook my head once more. Class proceeded from then and as much as I tried I just couldn't focus. I am probably lacking vitamins as we speak.