Chapter Thirteen. This changes things.

Rainbow's POV.

  One month later...

"Fine!  Look at it this way. If you tested the best piece of cake in your life, would you still continue to eat it even if a few people tell you its disgusting and they don't like it?"

"Yes, absolutely!" I reply without hesitation.

"Why?"  He asks.
I really don't see where he's going with this.

"Because...we have different test buds and what i tested from the cake might be different from what they tested?" This time sounding more like a question.

"Exactly! That's exactly what you two have is like. You're still in love with the idea of what you have tested and its very hard for you to believe its actually over, that's what i call...toxic. He says.

Raising my eyebrows i asks.

"Toxic?"

"Yup!"

He answers popping the 'P' like that's supposed to clarify things. Geez! He's really taking this fake therapy thing more serious than i thought.

"Define toxic"

I know I'm pushing his buttons right now but this guy doesn't know how to say things straight to the point! He sighs and pushes his glasses further up his nose like an actual psychologist who's dealing with a difficult client before answering my question.

"Toxic...is when someone has hurt you so much to the point where you are tired of it but still loves them so much you don't wanna leave and you're willing to keep getting hurt by the same person hoping they will change and that things will go back to the way they were but it doesn't."

"And you start thinking bad stuff about yourself while losing your self worth in the process. That's
...toxic." He finished while giving me that look that says...'is there anything you don't understand?'

I'm not entirely shocked by his words as there's nothing he's said that i haven't already thought about. I always find other words to console myself, 'like the devil i know is better than the angel i don't know' but what's the purpose of a fake therapist if not for knocking sense into you by being blunt about your situation?

When i agreed to this fake therapy thing  with Hunter about two weeks ago, i didn't realize it will have so much impact on me and also help me change the way i see things. We had been hanging out just like any other day talking about random stuffs, when he decided to tell me about his sister's connection to the locked room. Not that I've been bugging him about it for weeks or anything.

Okay! 

Maybe i have... I asked him many times about why only that particular door is locked.

Don't you dare judge me!

The room is where he keeps his dead sister; Kayla's stuffs. It was too painful for him to go in there, that's why he keeps it locked. But after telling me about her two weeks ago, we have gone through some of the things together and have found some pretty interesting things that brings him good memories about her like her piano.

Kayla was a music prodigy according to Hunter and could play any musical instrument known to man. She also taught Hunter how to play the piano, which he's surprisingly good at.  She had gotten a full ride scholarship to Juilliard to study Music. She was going to become the next Beethoven before she met her untimely death.