{1³} {SHOOT TO THRILL}

∆ {1³} {SHOOT TO THRILL} ∆

ROXI THOUGHT OF her mind like a trapdoor. If she ever chose to let someone in, they could never come out without seeing something differently. In this case, that something was her. It also meant that if she wanted someone to stay out, they couldn't get in unless she explicitly opened up for them, and she'd never done that before. She knew it wasn't an especially good idea, keeping her emotions bottled and everything locked inside her until it began to stew and eat up her insides until she let it out in some way, which was usually training.

At the moment, Roxi was sitting in the co-pilot chair in the cockpit of the Quinjet with none other than Agent Romanoff, with one Steve Rogers (or Captain America) in the back. 

"Natasha Romanoff, right?" Roxi asked the redhead next to her, attempting to break the silence. The assassin glanced over at her. 

"Yeah. What about you?" She responded.

"Everyone calls me Ryder." Not that they have much of a choice, she added to herself. 

"What's that?" Natasha asked, gesturing to her left hand, which was once again curled around the wolf pendant. Roxi opened her hand and showed her the small carving.

"I was given it when I was younger and I guess I keep it so I can cling onto the hope that some people in the world still have their humanity." It was morbid, but that was one of the true reasons why she kept it. She could see Natasha shoot her a calculating glance again from the corner of her eye, but she ignored it, leaning forwards as they arrived.  Loki was below them, surrounding a group of civilians with copies of himself surrounding them in the plaza. The people's screams had quieted into a shaky silence filled only by Loki's voice. 

"I said," he slammed his scepter onto the ground, causing the blue energy at the end to flare. 

"Kneel!" The people who had been lucky enough to be caught in the crossfire of the situation, who slowly did as he asked. Roxi wondered how many people understood him compared to how many had just followed other people's actions, seeing as Loki was speaking to them in English when they were in Germany. 

"Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state?" He asked as he made his way through the crowd of kneeling people wit his arms spread wide, the faux king of a forced country. 

"It's the unspoken truth of humanity. That you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power; for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel." The god monologued, a triumphant smile on his face.

"Not to men like you," an elderly man stood up and turned to face Loki, and Roxi quietly admired his bravery.

"Cap, you should get going," She called to him over her shoulder, growing worried for this man and his defiance. 

"There are no men like me," Loki boasted proudly, his gaze turning to the man.

"There are always men like you." The man protested, and Roxi agreed, though she wished Steve would hurry up. This did not look like it would end well for the man if he didn't get any help soon. Loki smiled faintly before raising his staff.

"Look to your elder people," he aimed the scepter at the man, causing the energy source at the tip to brighten.

"Let him be an example." Loki fired a beam of energy and Roxi blinked as an attempt to miss the contact but instead heard the ringing of metal as the blue energy collided with Cap's shield. Steve got up from his crouched landing position and walked through the crowd towards Loki, as the people parted to make a path for him.