Bonus Chapter 1

Bonus Chapter 1.

"Hiya! Did you really ask Sa-do to marry you? Without even telling us?" Soo-ho asked as he took another sip of his wine. The five of them were lounging in the palace gardens after a few long days of hard work in coming up with a fair peace treaty to rebuild the alliance with South Buyeo. It took a while and they had to ensure there weren't any loopholes that could later be used against them when Prince Chang ascended the throne.

"What do you mean?" Seon-woo questioned, "we all knew about it." Jinheung averted his gaze and pretended to focus on the carvings on his goblet.

"So, you asked for everyone's permission except mine?" Soo-ho's incredulous tone expressed none of his actual amusement as he pointed an accusing finger at the King.

"Actually," Jinheung defended, "apart from Jang-sik Gong, I had only asked Ban-ryu, Seon-woo and Su-jin because they are her brothers." This was already getting out of hand and he didn't like the direction this conversation was going in.

"So, I am not her brother?! Oh wow! You are really pulling this far, aren't you? I understand what Yeo-wool meant when he said we dumped him." Yeo-wool nodded in understanding and empathetically patted Soo-ho's shoulder.

Soon Sa-do joined them. "Sorry I am late. Soo-yeon needed some help and it took longer than I had expected," she apologized as she sat down with the rest of her roommates; teammates; friends.

"Park Sa-do! Am I or am I not your brother?" Soo-ho demanded, clamping a hand over Jinheung's mouth when he attempted to speak.

Sa-do eyed the two of them curiously. "Of course you are. Why is that even a question?"

"Brilliant!" the Hwarang gushed narrowing his eyes evilly, "you are not allowed to marry her till you properly get my permission."

Shoving the other Hwarang's imposing hand off, Jinheung glared at Sa-do. "Why would you say that to him? His ego is big enough as it is," he complained with a whine.

Sa-do shrugged, "I didn't know. Besides, I am surprised you asked the others and not him." Soo-ho hi-fived the girl across the table.

"No way! You are really taking his side over me? I wonder why I love you sometimes," the King muttered incredulously as the others hid their amused smiles.

"Oh really?" Sa-do masked all her mirth at the entertaining conversation. "Soo-ho?" she called, turning to the Hwarang, "don't give him your permission until he properly conveys how sorry he is for not asking you beforehand and convinces you that he really does love me." Soo-ho readily agreed with his sister.

"Are you serious right now?"

"What do you mean, you punk?" Ban-ryu asked, lightly punching Jinheung's shoulder, "I am considering taking back my own approval to your marriage after that. Right Gae-Sae?" Jinheung buried his head in his hands and gave a frustrated sigh. "Better apologize quickly Your Majesty," Yeo-wool unhelpfully chirped, hiding his smirk behind his hand.